B18c GSR into 6th gen civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hahaucantread

I have 16,000 to spend and im thinkin 99 civic with b18c GSR and lots of mods how much is the engine swap cost at a normal shop anyone with any ideas please let me know

your looking at about $3000-3500 for the engine (complete swap)
then figure on about another $1000 to replace everything that should be replaced (timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, clutch, etc...) and all the other little shit to get it in the car

if you plan to have a shop do it for you add on another $600-1000 or so
you really are better off doing it yourself if you are a little mechanicly inclined or have some friends that are who can help you... the ammount you learn is worth WAYYYY more than the $1000 the shop will charge you

what do you have planned for mods .... anything to the engine would be easiest to do before it gets put in

Find your nearest local auto mechanic and ask for pricing, you should be able to get your motor for cheap since you want a JDM!!! If you live near Sacramento...Go to VENUS Motors...they should have JDM B18C...

Yeah i gotta have a shop do it one i don't have the tools nor the know how to do it. I def want the GSR engine im thinking new headers 16g Trubo and such what else should i do to it?

you should do a lot more research ... you dont use a header with a turbo

seriously though im not trying to fuck with you .... do some research before you end up blowing a lot of money on worthless shit

E SolSi has a point there...dont do bullshit on your car...do some research...trust me...i have a JDM B18C in my 97 Coupe...and i went all-Motor...If you want to turbocharge it...heres some tips ...get some low compression pistons...have your monthly tune-ups...run good fuel...dont run it so hard or turbine might blow...etc...ppl have jobs and motors to work on themselves...so do some researchin...

yeah I said i didn't know much i am a newb but i would like to do that to my car so let me know exactly what you guys would do

So...have you decided to go ALL-MOTOR...or TURBO? or SUPERCHARGE?

You said you want a 99 civic? Why wouldn't you save some money and get a 96 since it's still an EK, and even if it has tons of miles, you will be replacing everything anyways... You could have saved thousands, and then pay like 50 bucks to get the 99-00 front bumper, and you ahve basically the same car for less money... Just a suggestion. By the way, if you are ording a motor I recamend HMO, I've had two great expriences with them, they are great to work with.

EJdmB18C, just out of curiosity, EJ's were only available in Japan wern't they? Do you have right hand drive, or is it just your thing?

I just like to call my Coupe an EJ...because alot of people respond to EK as only the HatchBacks...and no mine is not right-hand drive

Back