B18C GSR into my 92 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wilder88

im thinking about puting a B18C GSRinto my 92 civic but have some questions. if i get an engine package like this (from this site) Japan Motor Import - JDM Parts and Engines, would this do the trick or would i still need to buy more parts, and how easy would this drop in. also how hard would the wiring be, i have a D15B7 in the car now.

You need mounts, and to make wiring easyer check out rywire.

Wrong.. with the EG chassis all you need is a combination of the stock Civic mounts and the GSR mounts there is no need to buy a mount kit. You also don't need a Rywire conversion harness because both the car and GSR engine are OBD-1 so everything will plug in with the exception of the VTEC components.

Wilder88 - It is a very easy and straightforward swap, and the link you provided looks like it supplies everything you're going to need. Just search around for how to wire VTEC and you can pretty much drop that engine right into your car. The wiring is really easy, you just need to find some extra wires with the pins on them (cut an ecu harness of a car in the junkyard) and install them into your ECU harness. Then you just run a few wires & connect them to the pins you installed and you're good to go.

i just found a B16A G2, its cheeper and ill settel for a little less torque, and hp. the guy told me i need to put a rear engine mount on my car for this engine to fit right. same questions as befor, how hard would this be and whats up with the wiring?

Back