b18c gsr swap into civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

ok I go t tired of fooling with my d16 my auto tranny is going bad from the turbo so i decided it's time for a swap...now i have searched this topic and i found a post but it wasn't fully clear to me..i want to swap a b18c gsr engine and transmission..i'll probably go with and obd2 version so i don't have to convert anything...now with the wiring harness...what all needs done do i need a new one or can i use the one i have now...i have a d16y8 auto trans with no ecu modifications

i know if your good with wiring you can modify yours to work. i know the ecu plugs are different. but if you wanna save yourself some time and headaches, get the harness of a civic si. thats the easiest one to use since all you have to do is extend a couple wires. (like two i think). i know you can also use the hx, or ex ones. as long as its from a vtec engine. i got the ones of a si since i suck at wiring!! hope this helps!

what year is your car 96-98 obd2a 99-00obd2b what evey year your car falls in is what year you should get the motor it matters because the plugs are different on the ecu and on the 99-00 the car has a plug to the ecu and 96-98 all the ecu plug come with the engine harness so if i was you i would keep the cars wire harness its better if in the future something goes wrong its easier to trace the problem

my car is a 99 ex and it never really specifies what exact year the engine is from on the site i'm looking at it just say obd...now since mines a vtec it should hook right up or am i misinterpriting again...ecause they sell swaps without the engine harness like 300 cheaper because the ones that do come with one come with other stuff that's not necessary too or just overpriced...at least from what i've seen...and i don't want to go throught the hassle of tearing out my engine harness unless i have to

Last edited:
Back