B18c - H22 Type S swap on DC2 ITR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rynvti

Hello guys I am new here. I am an auto mechanic and 2nd hand honda parts importer and I am also new on the parts business. I have an H22 type S engine from a prelude and a guy wants me to swap the engine for him. I have made a couple of swaps before, but only b16a on eg civics or ek's or b18c engines on ek models. I don't know exactly how much work is involved in doing this so i would like to ask if anybody in here has done such a thing, and if there are things which i need to be aware of and maybe some tips. Anybody here willing to help please? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

the hardest part of the h22 swap is the cable shifter. other than that, its a matter of scoring the correct mounts and axels.

but please, smack your customer for me.... ruining an itr for an h22 swap WTF?

Thanks mate.. But is this the only help you get from here. Just one guy. I mean i appreciate his help but god I thaught I would get much more opinions than just ONE. Thanks anyway guys.

well you said yourself you have done swaps, this one is no different they all swap the same just some motors are bigger than others. but try the search button here at honda swap this has been covered in detail tons of times.

Well yes i have done a couple of swaps myself but i have mentioned aswell the swaps that i have done. eg and ek's come with b series engines so it wasn't so hard. Dc2 integras don't come with h series engines so that is why i am asking maybe there are some things maybe i should be aware of. Thats all. Excuse my ignorance and sorry for asking.

just make sure you get the right mounts and the axels. that is a fairly coomon swap. there are a few guys on here that have done it. i did the h22a swap in my prelude. but that was h23 to h22.

Back