B18c In 5th Gen Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ITR tranny with LSD

Under 20 seconds--we can't tell you, only way is experience. Do it, then tell us what it does.

I have a Gsr tranny with a final drive frome a first Gen cable B16A tranny. I have found this to be the best setup for drag racing do to the tall gearing. I have the same engine in the same car and so far on street tires a have run a best of 14.33 in the QTR. :woo:

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Mar 7 2003, 12:14 AM
I have the same engine in the same car and so far on street tires a have run a best of 14.33 in the QTR. :woo:

Same car?,did I miss something in his post where he states if he has a four door,coupe or hatch.The impression I get is that the B16 has shorter gears hmmmm.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Mar 6 2003, 06:14 PM
I have a Gsr tranny with a final drive frome a first Gen cable B16A tranny. I have found this to be the best setup for drag racing do to the tall gearing. I have the same engine in the same car and so far on street tires a have run a best of 14.33 in the QTR. :woo:

I Appreciate the straight answer on the general time estimate, but i want shortest gearing. yea, i thought that b16a tranny was short too, but i didnt know if there was a better tranny for 1/4 racing or not

By the way - its going to be a hatch, but i wouldnt expect a huge difference if was a coupe or four door.

shorter is not always better.

the BEST tranny for for the BEST time is one that you cross the finish line at the top of 4th gear.

so, think of your car.
what is your effective shifting redline (point where you stop making power)?
what size tire are you running?

Back