b18c in 89crx si PROBLEMS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kkloske

ok this swap has been about ayear in the making but i finaly have my rex on the road with the b18c in it inspectded and legal. lets c obd0-obd1 jumper harness with a chipped p28 in it. everynow and again when im gettin down on the engine it will throw a code and i can turn the car off and it will clear the code how can i read the code its throwing???? i no its sumthing bout counting flashes but thats about all i no any help will be apporeciated also it seems to do it when im downshifting usually in 3rd or 2nd

Pull your ecu out and on there is a clear circle with a led light then turn the key to "ON" and read the light flashes, example is if it blinks twice then pauses for a ces and blinks three times it's 23 that's how you figure it out then find a refrence on the site or google the code for your motor/ecu

just jump the connector when your car is running, it will start flashing codes. my guess would be knock sensor. give it a try and post the code/codes you get.

ok thanks for the help ill c what code its throwing and its not for the knock sensor because it doesnt hAVE a knock or 02 sensor because the computer is chipped to my understanding when the computer is chipped it doesnt use those sensors because it is running tha base map of the chip correct me if im wrong

Pull your ecu out and on there is a clear circle with a led light then turn the key to "ON" and read the light flashes, example is if it blinks twice then pauses for a ces and blinks three times it's 23 that's how you figure it out then find a refrence on the site or google the code for your motor/ecu

this does not apply, he stated he has a jumper installed and a chipped P28

Check on the driver's side of the engine compartment for a 2 pin connector with a rubber cap on it. If i remember correctly it is a Yellow cap. Put a jumper wire in there and see if the check engine light flashes. Long flashes are 10,20, etc... short flashes are 1,2,3 etc..

Then check your code here Check Engine Light Codes - Honda / Acura CEL Codes , Trouble Codes

Let us know what check engine light code you found and we should be able to help you track it down.

ok jumped out the connector and i got 1 quick flash followed by 2 long flashes and then 2 more quick flashes im guessing the first quick flash was letting me no it was throwing a code so according to the 2 long flashes and 2 short flashes that should be a code 22 with is the vtec pressure valve is that the 1 wire snesor or the one with 2 wires???

Back