B18c In 94 Civic Hb Si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicnos

I want to swap b18c JMD in my 1994 civic hb si. What do you think about this swap.
I have almaust all information about his swap: all the parts I need, manuals, motor lifter and some other things.

But I have one more question do u think somebody like me who never did swap to the cars but know all about them could do it. I am sure that I can do the CPU and Harness stuff. How much time do you think it will take me???

what B18C is it (ITR or GSR)
i did a B18C/R in about 3 days (1st swap)
id say give yourself at least a week for unforeseen bullshit

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@May 1 2003, 12:42 PM
JMD Motor? what the hell is that? :ufucktard:

u dont like JMD motors?
Well they do have more HP its not that much but its still a HP, and ist easyer to find JMD then USMD now and its cheaper to buy JMD engines.

Originally posted by hondacivicnos+May 1 2003, 08:09 PM-->
ryanwolfe911
@May 1 2003, 12:42 PM

u dont like JMD motors?
Well they do have more HP its not that much but its still a HP, and ist easyer to find JMD then USMD now and its cheaper to buy JMD engines.

What he meant to say is that the GSR wasn't made in Japan. It is a USDM motor only. And to answer your original post, give the swap a try. You can only learn if you try and the B-series motor swap in to an EG is simple. Since it is your first swap, allow yourself a good week incase of any F-ups/problems. Good luck and post pics when you finish.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@May 1 2003, 12:42 PM

shut up, you know he ment JDM, that would be a very easy type-0. and even if he did get 'em backwards in his head. don't be such a dick.

Originally posted by BoostedB@May 3 2003, 04:23 AM
The GSR motor was only used in USDM Integras. Japan didn't have the GSR, unless you count the B17.

sorry bro, japan had the B18C SiR-G. it came in Integra SiR-G's. it's the exact same thing as the B18C1 that came in USDM Integra GSR's, except the SiR-G had 10.6:1 c/r opposed to the USDM version having 10.0:1 c/r.
FYI: most honda JDM engines have higher compression than their USDM counterpart.

Back