b18c in 99 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c si

I just bought a 99 honda civic si with 50k, it has a b18c stamping on the block wether it is a b18c sir-g or (which i don't think it is because it doesn't have a red valve cover) b18c spec r, and running a p2t (stock si) computer. After it warms up a little is when the problem starts. rev it up to about 1500 rpms and it surges up and down between 1500 and 2500 rpm(idles fine). now the check engine light is on. i got a snap on scanner and it says it has a knock sensor fault. ok look for a knock sensor on the block can't find it.does a b18c have one and could this cause the surging. Please repond. i am inclined person w/ most tools and alot of automotive knowledge so understanding things is not a problem. new to hondas so please help and point me in the right direction.

i was gonna say look for vacuum leaks but you did, that was my first thought about it. i guess check the knock sensor out and see whats up....not sure where the sensor is on a b series but i think its on the ack of the block, someone correct me if im wrong....good luck

IACV valve(located behind the intake manifold) or the Fast Idle Valve(located underneath your throttle body-has two small coolant lines runing to each end) Start there.

Back