B18C in a CRX??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rfalls86

RexRacer
hey everyone im new here and i have a few questions. I have a 1990 CRX si and i wanna put a B18C engine in it with a turbo and all the good stuff. I need to know if this will fit and all the stuff to make it go real fast...cus i am not good with car stuff...but i want to make it real fast like :cool: haha so yeah if anyone coud tell me about a great turbo and some good like crankshafts and the whole package...it woud be greatly appreciated! ;)
2006-haircutsandcar027.jpg

brian11to1 said:
do a K series swap.

.. if you wanna go fast in a straight line. :p

you can put what your thinking about in your rex, but damn.... you'd better be prepared to drop a shiney new penny on the labor costs... then tac on the cash for the turbo setup and the gsr motor!

search....read....search....read....search.....read.
it's the best thing for you to do right now.
also call your local mechanic shops and talk to them about it.

-Andrew

hey guys thanks...well yeah i got about 20 G to put into it after the xmas...im savin now...i got a bit saved now...im getting my racing seats and wheel this weekend...i just got the windows tinted!! OWWW OWW it is lookin hawt... well yeah i got a guy that is gonna do the labor cheap cus he is my dads gfs son and he is journeyman mech and welder so its all good!! also i was wondering what are some like tight ass great shocks and struts or whatever...cus i wanna have the list by the fall...so if ya'll could tell me about good suspension and struts and like a good whole package...lemme know...and is the B18C a good engine for a stage 3 turbonetics turbo??

even if it aint turbonetics...could be a revhard package...i dunno just any stage 3 turbo that will add alot of horses...thats all i want...is my stable to be full of pretty red ponies !

1)if you put $20,000 into a crx you are an asshat. you should just buy a new si or something. that is a very poor investment.

2)if you do have that much money and want to put it into a car. just drop it off at a shop and tell them what to do. they will take care of everything.

but then again, i am a pessimist on the fact that you have $20k. but that is just me. sorry for doubting you.

rfalls86 said:
also i was wondering what are some like tight ass great shocks and struts or whatever...cus i wanna have the list by the fall...so if ya'll could tell me about good suspension and struts and like a good whole package...lemme know...and is the B18C a good engine for a stage 3 turbonetics turbo??

Just do like I said, do a SEARCH on Honda-Tech or here and READ!

hopefully you can somehow understand the amount of posts there are in this respect.. "help i want my car faster"

just do some research, find reviews on certain products, and go from there.

i was talking to my buddy and he says keep the stock motor in it...get it rebuilt..and drop the best stuff into that motor as possible..then the stage 3 revhard turbo...and he says it should be good. Any opinions???

rfalls86 said:
no way about the new car man...im in love with the crx..it is my dream car so im gonna invest...

20 years old and still think it's a good idea to invest a shit load of money into a 15 year old car. go ahead and put $20k into it, then in 2 years you will want something better and you will sell it for about $5k. good call. go right ahead and build the shit out of it.

with $20k buy a k-series and turbo it and call it a day. there goes all your money. good luck

hey i know i may be an idiot to all you guys but i say spend it while u got it! :lol: oh i got new rims also so check em out ;)
tripandcar020.jpg

hey crazy guy with all the cash

do an h22, and turbo blow the bitch... that'll knock you back in your seat... or do a b20b bottom end and b18c top end. You've got 20 grand for it... go fuck em up. Do it right though. You blow that much cash and don't beat everyone's ass on the road in that light ass crx and you'll be a laughing stock. Like they said... know what you are doing. Those wheels you just bought are probably worthless. If you are adding that much power they need to be able to handle it. Seriously... you need more advise than a Journeyman mechanic and these sceptics are going to give you. Call a speed shop. You want to spend it they'll help you. IM me and I'll give you my friend's IM who owns a speedshop, if you can't find one local, or just need advice. He has crx drag and street cars and can tell you what you need. Peace. AIM danielcoig

rfalls86 said:
you dayumn rights its an Si :D haha here i show u
tripandcar025.jpg

danm dude that muffler is practicaly dragging! nice rex nontheless. do the research on what motor of choice. if you do have 20k:rolleyes: go with a k20a motor and turbo it. if your gonna invest in that much dough you might ass well get the new stuff.. right? while your add it, dont forget you build up your tranny with a good quality lsd. might want to get some top notch axles that will handle the power. ohh and better tires. the rims are fine. their nothing to worry about if your gonna have a BIG motor. just make sure you get some good radials like falken bf g's or something else that will stick to the ground. dont get low pro tires!

Back