B18C in a CRX??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the whells are tooo big?!?!

lol i think the rims make the car look twice as good as before...they fill the wheel wells alot better than the 16" inch rims from before --->
tripandcar013.jpg

Last edited:
oh and thanks to the guys who actually help me instead of saying yeah u are an asshat who dont have the money...so which engine will hold the biggest turbo and produce the most power?? the k20a...h22 or the b20b bottom and b18c top???

Last edited:
rfalls86 said:
oh and thanks to the guys who actually help me instead of saying yeah u are an asshat who dont have the money...so which engine will hold the biggest turbo and produce the most power?? the k20a...h22 or the b20b bottom and b18c top???

oh hell no, you aren't trying to bust me out on saying that you don't have the money are you?

get_nick said:
oh hell no, you aren't trying to bust me out on saying that you don't have the money are you?

i would make fall out of my seat if he sends us a pic with him in a tub with 20k:lol::lol:
Awesome!!!! anyway. as far as the wheels. 15's are my favorite. you can put anytire and still have cleareance. 17's/18's are just for show. anything bigger than a b16 and those tires are toast.
as far as the engine. you have to do the research man any motor can have a turbo. its just a matter of whick combo you choose. i say get the k20A motor because its New. no need to tear apart and rebuild. slap a turbo/supercharger/nitrous what ever and let it ride.

The reason we say search is because you have big choices from what injectors,turbo size,spool time,what amount of boost,what compression your motor will have, blahh blah blahh. Its custom. you have to make it. there is no KIT that will give you what you want.

K20 would make the best power.. it produces more power with little mods..

nice nice guys...haha thx for all the info guys its really helpin...so the k20a will be a pretty good fit into the crx or is it alot of modification to get it in?? and yeah i was lookin at the revhard stage 3 turbo Turbo-Kits.com 88 - 91 Honda Civic CRX Turbo Kit just scroll till u see teh revhard stage 3..that will make alot of power i am guessing...and yeah so i might try that...i dunno...and what would be a good 17 inch tire to run with a big engine?? and could they be lopro? or would they just burn off like a leaf fire??

rfalls86 said:
nice nice guys...haha thx for all the info guys its really helpin...so the k20a will be a pretty good fit into the crx or is it alot of modification to get it in?? and yeah i was lookin at the revhard stage 3 turbo Turbo-Kits.com 88 - 91 Honda Civic CRX Turbo Kit just scroll till u see teh revhard stage 3..that will make alot of power i am guessing...and yeah so i might try that...i dunno...and what would be a good 17 inch tire to run with a big engine?? and could they be lopro? or would they just burn off like a leaf fire??
Don't go spending almost 5k on a turbo kit. You could piece together a much, MUCH better one for less. But if your set on buying a kit then make it one from full-race. They are by far the best pre-made kits. And as far as tires, I thing the 17s are too big. Get 15s or 16s and your suspension will help them fill the wheelwells. As far as low pro goes, hell no. You'll be looking at drag radials.
K20+Full-Race Turbo=The Sweetest Honda I have Ever Heard Of.

But like get_nick said, from reading your posts I highly doubt you saved all that money and now just want to blow it all. But either way you need to read and educate yourself. If you don't I wouldn't doubt that you blow this thing up shortly after it is built.

i suppose you could use a good rdial 17 inch tire. i dont think i would fit in your crx unless you use taller springs.:D

yeah i like these rims but i guess i will need something really good if i got lots of power... but yeah umm i will look into a full race kit turbo

My advice to you. Take it to a shop that specializes in swaps, tell them you want a k20a, or even a k24 with a k20 head on it, and a turbo. Tell them you know nothing about cars, but want it to be fast. This is the most rediculous post I've seen in a while. You will hate yourself in a year if you spend 20k on a crx, guaranteed. Just my .02, it's your money. If I had a crx, I would drop in a turbo b16 with a jdm type R transmission, and spend a bit on suspension, and GET RID OF THOSE HUGE WHEELS.

BTW Taco, 99.999% of all tires on the road are radials, lol. I think you have to special order bias ply tires, at least I know I would have for my old Hurricane.

thx for calling my idea ridiculous...but thanks for the info...and why would you drop in a b16 when it aint gonna be as fast as a k20 if you could do the k20 instead???? like i dunno...all u guys seem pessimistic about everything...oh and i think the rims look sweet!!

rfalls86 said:
so the k20a will be a pretty good fit into the crx or is it alot of modification to get it in??
Hehe... dude.. have you searched and read ANYTHING?? the motor sits about 1/2-1" from the passenger side body. if you have to do anything to it, you have to pull the engine. and from what you've been saying this entire post, you seem like a complete mechanic noob. I would HIGHLY suggest against going K unless your planning on paying someone out the butthole to 1, put it in, and 2, do ANY work to it.

I'm gonna try and make this simple and easy to understand:
you said:
thx for calling my idea ridiculous..
(it is).
but thanks for the info..and why would you drop in a b16 when it aint gonna be as fast as a k20 if you could do the k20 instead????
(It CAN be, you just need to build it. you can get more power out of a "B" if you sink 20k into the swap, rather than a K, b/c just putting a k into your car will easily be 15-20 for just the engine/minor ups.)
like i dunno...all u guys seem pessimistic about everything.
(were not pessimistic, we just more brains than cash)
oh and i think the rims look sweet!!
big woop

Last edited:
wow alright well i am new and i said that at the beginnin of this post...like i dont know much and everybody has been saying put in a k20a so i said ok ill do a k20 maybe and i dunno...i will see what the shops say when i get to them...thx for ur ideas Andrew...i will read more about the different engines

rfalls86 said:
thx for calling my idea ridiculous...but thanks for the info...and why would you drop in a b16 when it aint gonna be as fast as a k20 if you could do the k20 instead???? like i dunno...all u guys seem pessimistic about everything...oh and i think the rims look sweet!!

I'm not saying your idea is rediculous. Hell, I wanted to put a complete CR-V AWD system in my integra at the time. THAT is a rediculous idea. But you start posting things like "I am a noob, do my thinking for me", which is basically what you are posting here, and you get people like me and others who have spent a lot of time researching and learning upset.

Take some time and look through the reference section, read up in some of the forums, and learn. Then ask educated questions.

Back on topic, if you had read the last part of my posts, you would have seen my opinion and suggestion for you.

B16. Why a b16 and not a K-series engine...hmm....I'd do the b16, because you could probably do all the work yourself in a very managable amount of time, and you'd still like your crx by the time you finished the swap. I doubt that would be the case if you dropped a k20 into the rex, which is 1)a ROYAL pain to shoehorn in there for MANY reasons, 2)Expensive, probably 4 times the cost of dropping a B16 in there, 3)Not going to give you any real advantage on the street that you will notice. The K series is a wonderful series of engine, but it's more pain than it worth for a street car. If you were building a dedicated trailer queen, then I would think differently.

A b16 can easily be faster than a k20, and for less money. It's all in how much you want to tune, build, etc. If I had 20k in my pocket for a crx, I would invest more in suspension goodies than anything else. I could easily build a 400+ whp turbo b16 for less than 7k, including all the tuning. I doubt you could get a stock k20 into the crx for less than that. As was mentioned earlier, a k20 would be aweful to work on in a crx. Again, if you were building a race-only track car, this is a non-issue, as you'd be pulling the engine often. These are just a few of the logistical reasons why not to put a k20 in a daily driven crx.

As for your wheels. I could care less how they look. I wasn't telling you to pull them off because they look bad, although I don't think they look particularly good. To me it looks like your car has a lift kit on it. I was saying to pull them, because if you are going for speed, you want to reduce the unsprung mass of your vehicle, and large diameter rims slow you down. A little thing called Moment of Inertia.

Sorry for hurting your feelings.

LOL alright man thanks for clearing things up! well yeah i want to have just a fast street car that will do 0-100 quick... so yeah thanks for your info and i am sorry if i sounded mad to you... but thanks alot man u seem like u know alot...i will research more

Last edited:
and im just trying to get all the opinions i can cus i dont really know too much about what i should use...so now that i know i will start researching and checking up

Sounds good, man. Good luck, Hondaswap is a good place to go be if you want to find info on hondas. The reference section will be your friend.

Back