b18c into crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kkloske

ok just swapped out my b18a1 for a jdm b18c and im having some major problems i used a boomslang conversion harness to convert to obd1 and used the harness off of the a1 and using the dizzy off of the b18c with the plug off of a p28 harness soldered to the a1 harness alll colors are right i have triple checked and still using the obd0 injectors with the resistor box running a chipped p28 with a gsr map and it is running like crap almost sounds like a timing issue once it hits about 4000 rpms its breaking up real bad i have no check engine lights and motor acts like it doesnt want to rev any higher than 4000 rpms i dont have the o2 or knock sensor hooked up because the chip does away with them....so im told i personally rthink the computer i got might have something wrong with it has any1 had any similar problems or does any1 have any suggestions i'd reallly like to get this thing running right o yea i have the skunk 2 intake manifold on it HELP ME PLEASE

It seems weird to me that it does away with the 02 sensor. Without it the ecu can't monitor the exhaust gases and it won't be able to adjust the fuel. Do you have a link or more info on the chip?

from what i understand when the ecu is chipped its running on closed loop so it doesnt even use the o2 sensor for the a/f ratio it just runs the base map but i didnt like the idea of not having an o2 sensor either so im trying 2 get my hands on one

thanks for the help guys i figured it out it wax off a tooth or 2 on the timing belt now its purring like a kitten

Back