1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18c into EG with current b16a2-obd1

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by bvtec, Jun 7, 2005.

1. bvtec

bvtec Senior Member

Im gonna be putting a built b18c into my EG civic which currently has a b16a2/obd1 in it at the moment.
    my question is if i use my b16a dizzy on the b18c and keep my 0bd1 wiring will the engine go in without any trouble or will i require other parts?can i keep my b16a alternator etc/gonna keep the b16a tranny and every otherpart apart from the b16 block

(before i get search attacked- honestly i did try and search to no avail, it could be my searching skills ;) )
    anyway besides the point i would appreciate your help

2. sihatchback_RL

sihatchback_RL Senior Member

i would use the GSR distributor to be on the safe side. OD1 wiring harness will work fine. you can still use b16 alternator, but a P72 ecu must be use in order for knock and IAB to work. i would keep everything on the B16, since many parts are interchangable.

3. bvtec

bvtec Senior Member

will the b16a dizzy work on the b18c? itll save me rewiring the obd2 dizzy into the obd1.
    and will all the obd1 plugs fit on the b18c4 without adjustment and the mounts?

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yes, i have a b16 dizzy on my b16, and a gsr dizzy on my b16. (long story... lol) the caps are slighly different sizes, but the overall internals are all the same.

pretty much all you have to do is add the iab wire.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted