B18C into EJ1 with early redline problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiRG EJ1

I just dropped a B18C (yes-- jdm gsr) into an EJ1. The redline should be 8200, and I am using the JDM P72 ecu. However, it is going to 6800, sometimes 7000, and one time it redlined at 7200. Do you think maybe the knock sensor wire I ran to the ecu could be causing it since my friend messed up the plug where the pin goes. It might not be making a good connection. I'm going to fix this, but are there any other suggestions as to what might be causing this? Thanks.

Originally posted by SiRG EJ1@Oct 19 2004, 04:44 PM
ttt
[post=404706]Quoted post[/post]​

I had the exact same problem. JDM OBD II B18c into my 98 civic dx coupe (EJ). So anyway did you notice that there was only one vtec wire? Well that confused me and i call hmo, where i got my motor from, and they said thats how the JDM vtec works. They said i only need to hook up that one wire. It was either the solenoid or the oil pressure i forget which one.... well anyway I wire it to the wrong spot and i red lined around 7 and have no vtec. im assuming u did the same thing as i did so just switch up the vtec wire going to the ecu and your problem should be solved.

i had that prob with usdm gsr in a 93 hatch and it was all about the wiring as soon as vtec was wired redline jumped from 7000 to 8600(chipped ecu). just switch the 2 wires. but if your already wired for vtec and its poping than i have no clue

Back