B18C JDM Auto into 98 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rdomeck

I'm trying to put a JDM B18C GSR engine and auto tranny into my wifes car. I am having a lot of clearance issues on the left frame rail. I am also having issues with the top mount on that side.

I have had to modify all the mounting brackets with the exception of the right lower transmission mount.

From there I had to shorten the lower front A/C engine mount by about an inch.

After that I was able to slightly modify the upper transmission mount on the right side. I have clearance everywhere excpet for the pulley on the crank shaft and the alt. pulley.

Has anyone done this swap?

I ready to start cutting and welding the left frame rail, but I'm a little supprized because everything I read said this was almost a direct bolt in!

Any help?

Thanks

Any other suggestions? I am using the civic mounts because Nagasaki JDM Motors did not send me anything they said they would! I am waiting on those mounts to see if things locate any better! Anyone who has done this swap may know the answers, I could use the help! Thanks

you have to mix and match stock mounts the normal d series mounts in your car will not work, that your problem..

Wait until the mounts get there to try anything else. That is why its not setting up right. You need B-series upper driver side and T-Bracket to get it positioned correctly. Also need the torque moutns I believe.

Back