1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18C JDM Auto into 98 civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by rdomeck, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rdomeck

rdomeck New Member

I'm trying to put a JDM B18C GSR engine and auto tranny into my wifes car. I am having a lot of clearance issues on the left frame rail. I am also having issues with the top mount on that side.

I have had to modify all the mounting brackets with the exception of the right lower transmission mount.

From there I had to shorten the lower front A/C engine mount by about an inch.

After that I was able to slightly modify the upper transmission mount on the right side. I have clearance everywhere excpet for the pulley on the crank shaft and the alt. pulley.

Has anyone done this swap?

I ready to start cutting and welding the left frame rail, but I'm a little supprized because everything I read said this was almost a direct bolt in!

Any help?

Thanks

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

yea im thinking something is wrong it should drop right in no cutting at all

3. rdomeck

rdomeck New Member

Any other suggestions? I am using the civic mounts because Nagasaki JDM Motors did not send me anything they said they would! I am waiting on those mounts to see if things locate any better! Anyone who has done this swap may know the answers, I could use the help! Thanks

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

you have to mix and match stock mounts the normal d series mounts in your car will not work, that your problem..

5. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Wait until the mounts get there to try anything else. That is why its not setting up right. You need B-series upper driver side and T-Bracket to get it positioned correctly. Also need the torque moutns I believe.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted