B18C JDM Throttlebody question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seephor

There appears to be a vacuum port right under the MAP sensor on the throttle body. I don't know what that hooks up to and I checked my helms and that port doesn't exist on the USDM B18C1 throttlebody. The car runs fine with it being open and there appears to be very very slight vacuum on it by a finger test. I just have it capped off since nothing hooks up to it on the GSR. What is this port and do i just keep it capped off?

um...i think it's shit for your EVAP purge canister thingie...I'm pretty sure it's where that braided nylon orange hose thingie goes. It isn't important.

Do you have a weird orange braided nylon-lookin hose coming off the intake manifold? Cuz I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go on the throttle body.

no I don't. Although the port where the evap purge went to is smaller on the JDM intake mani compared to the USDM one. Maybe that smaller port on the JDM mani is for something else and the port on the throttle body is for the purge sensor. But then again the purge solenoid junk doesn't exist on the SIR-G

Here are some pics to show the port on the throttlebody and also where I hooked up the EVAP Purge sensor
02060010.jpg

02060011.jpg

Not the evap purge SENSOR, dude...the evap purge CANISTER...that canister thingie back on the firewall. There's suppsoed to be a funky orange nylon-ish braided hose that goes from that port on the TB to the CANISTER.

Oh I see then it's probably different on the sir-g because the evap canister connects to the evap purge solenoid right there on top of the intake mani and the other port on the solenoid goes into the intake mani. My guess is theres a one way valve in that port on the TB?

Back