1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18c limiter coming in at 6600

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civic booster, Aug 1, 2008.

1. civic booster

civic booster New Member

just finised the swap ,Im running a b18c gsr in a ek3 00' civic the engine is using its original harness and ecu now the wiring guy came and did his thing i carried the car for a first pull and the limiter is coming in at around 6600rpm i also notices that if i unplug one of the sensors no check light is comming on.. vtec is working altho my speedo ist but my tach is if any one can help me out here on any thing it would be appriciated ..

2. ilubmyEG

ilubmyEG New Member

Check your VSS on the motor and the actual sensor. You may have 2 plugs backwards it sounds like? and your rev limiter no idea except the ecu...?

3. civic booster

civic booster New Member

ill get the speed sensor checked but i noticed today that the vtec is not working so i guess il have to call the electrician but i still dont understand y the engine light does not come on when i unplug a sensor il hav to get all that sorted..thanks

4. civic booster

civic booster New Member

helpp

ok the wiring guy not answerin his cell phone so i tried running the vtec wire directly to the pin out on the ecu wen i carried the car for a test the car is revvin to 8000 + but vtec is stil not kicking in anyone can help here thanks..

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

if your speedo isn't working, it's not gonna let vtec activate...

6. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

C1? Isn't that about the time the secondaries open up? Could have something to do with that. Just a guess.

7. civic booster

civic booster New Member

ok i understand but y dont i get any engine light on wen i unplug a sensor??

8. civic booster

civic booster New Member

or if any one can tell me the pin out or wire colour for the check engine warning light?? its a obd2a.

9. Dr.vtech

Dr.vtech New Member

i need a vteck motor for my car

10. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

:werd:

I would try not thread jacking and checking out the for sale/trade portion of the site. :axe: :sniper:

11. civic booster

civic booster New Member

ok i found the engine light pin out and i think i have the vss wire do i have to hook up the vss wire to the dash for the vtec to work anyone??

12. 92eg_hatch

92eg_hatch New Member

vtec will not work with out speed sensor unless you have a chipped ecu like hondata or something to work around it

13. civic booster

civic booster New Member

ok well the speed sensor is most likely hooked up to the engine and ecu cuz its all in the original harness but i need to kno if my speedometer doesnt work whats the prob like is there a wire to go to the dash to make the vtec runn oh and by the way the engine is swining past 6600 now cuz im running open exhaust i think it was hittin the 6600 cuz i had it hooked up to my stock exhaust which prob made a reaction to the o2 sensor any help anyone...????

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted