B18C or B16A in 90 integ LS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the main reason i was going with the b16 is because i could get the complete for a good price...

so if i just get the longblock and put on a b16 tranny that should be around the same i guess...

not good with this car stuff. like i say, i'm not all that into making it faster than everyone... i just want it to run well... but of course... being faster is a plus! ;)

i will definitely look into that.

thanks sleeper!

YO! :D here is the deal i got a 1st gen b16 swap in my 91 integ gs and i did a 15.4 stock. well, it has a iceman intake and focuz exaust but i mean stock in the motor. word of advice to you is

1:to get the gsr and put a sir trans on it. your wiring hornest will fit just use your distributor but there is a trick with the distributor u will have to cut off one of the arms on it. and if your altinator plug dont plug in use the ls altinator.
2: get a PR3 of PW0 ecu. make sure that its not for a automatic. u can check by opening the top and looking at the small circuit board and it should say MT in the bottom corner. if it say AT that means that its an automatic
3: if you can get 300 dollars get a skunk2 intake man. it will make the vtec kick in better cause the gsr has dual butterfly vtecs on the intake man and the PR3 or PW0 has single vtecs. so the skunk2 will be better.
4:later on get some ctr cams.
;) ;)

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Aug 30 2003, 04:40 PM
yea... i'm not a bro, but it's all good. haha. i can live with it. it's better than looking like a bro for sure.

I'd say between that and her name being misti, yes. She is in fact a girl. Let the leg-humping begin!!!

Well every one is right about everythings said, but a sick set up would be " if you wanted to spank people" is a b18c1 with a b16a2 tranny hydro(you would have to get the conversion from hassport for cable hydro)"your 2ed gear doesnt drop out of vtec" and a skunk2 intake man. so you dont have the snail shell intake with secondiares, with a p30 (b16 ecu).....just bolt on's............i running that in a 92' hb and running 14.3 @ 96mph, but go wit the b18c, waayyyyy easier that mixing and matching and your not trying to spank people you dont really need vtec.....good luck

hahaha... yea... i'm a female. my name is Mistique.. Misti's just shorter... and doesn't sound like someone's yelling at me.. but that's beside the point i guess... and as long as no one is humping MY leg i'm ok. haha :p

ok, well i DO know this... i have a cold air intake but i'm not sure who made it at this point. i know i have the PR3 ecu considering that's what came stock on my car *at least i'm told this, i haven't looked at it* :unsure:

another thing... my car is manual transmission... i see no point in EVER buying an AT. period. :D

thanks for the advice... the only thing i'm concerned with is the OBD factor. the car is OBD0, so i have no idea if i'll need something to convert it to OBD1 or 2 whichever the engine is... or does it matter? :unsure:

grr. finding a longblock is so tough... everyone only wants to sell swaps. i don't have the 1800 for it from hmotors. weak sauce.

everyone's been so helpful!! thanks! :)

if u cant get a gsr for a good price then just get the b16 it willstill be fast the setup comes with motor, trans, and ecu for 1500. and its not stolen your car doesnt come with a pr3 stock that is a jdm ecu your car comes with a pr4 and the only reason we are telling u to get a trans is because the ls trans is not good for vtec the gears are to long. if you want to make your car fast u dont realy have to rush baby just take your time

1st: get the motor 700
2nd: get the trans 600
3rd; get the ecu 200

well right now... since i have to move and all.. i'd rather have it working. haha.

but... i probably can figure something out. it all depends on finding one, then when we can all get everyone together for a few weekends to get it in there.

i've seen some of the OBD0 ecu's programmed from spoon or whatever for a pretty good price... thinking that might be a good idea to go for.

the main problem is the darn gov't hasn't sent me my money yet... so nothing will happen until then. haha.

i'll let you know

i suppose it's open... ha... everyone just got bored telling me the same stuff i guess. haha.

what do you want pics of? my car?? or me, so i can be made fun of all over hondaswap.com?? lol

;)

Back