B18c Or B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zaneithan

just curious as to what would be less of a pain in the ass to work into my 1990 crx hf and which would be best as a quick daily driver

B16A SiR I

same OBD same tranny style
much less bullshit to deal with

it will cost less, probably like half the cost, but if you get a 94-95 b18c its not that bad and the b18c is a better payoff i think. but im biased, lol.

yea my friend wanted me to go with b18c but im not sure about it, just taking opinions now

how much of a pain in the ass was it to put the b18c into yours?

with the B18C it will cost you $3000+ to start with ... then you need to get rid of that tranny for a cable one
then you have to fuck with the wiring to get everything to plug in and work correctly

the B16A will cost you $1200+ it will have the cable tranny, and the wiring will be correct for the most part already (you will probly have to run a few wires for VTEC and lengthen a few)

how much more power does the b18c have over the b16a though?

20 hp and like 17 tq more something like that. but the extra torque makes a big difference

Both motor are going to need mount kits,and modified linkage.

If you get the GSR you're going to have to source a cable B series tranny (which the place you order it from can probably provide at a reduced cost((don't quote me on that)).

I don't think you would be very disappointed in a B16 in a rex,it's light as hell and the B16 will pull it along just fine.The GSR is going to be more powerful,but it cost like $1800-$2000 more,think turbo with that money and you're blowing the GSR away.

Back