B18c questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG8Demon

20"s ON MY HONDA
I was wondering if there was alot of difference in the GSR and the Type R? Which is better to mess around with and to fix up?

not the correct forum...

whats your definition of alot?
B16 head casting with a port and polish form the factory plus lots of additional upgrades

which one is better to "mess around with"?
what the hell does mess around me?
like throw 30 psi into it and blow it up?
or rip it down to see how it works?
if you have the $$$ go for the type R
if you are rebuilding for boost, don't bother getting a type r

Go with the B18C1 "GSR" rather than the B18C5 "Type R" Esp. if boosting... Or Boost an LS "Cheap way to go"
Lots of the guys here preach the D-Series boosted too. There are so many options...

Is this going in your EG8 Sedan?

Suppose you have to have a plan first???
  • Boost or NA "When its all said and done cost will be very sim. you always get more bang for your buck boosted-In my opinion"
  • What is your HP goal
  • How much $$ your spending
  • Drag / Auto x / Daily driven?

Last edited:
wow not that much differnce, other than the type r motor has way more power , sent from the gods and balanced extremely well. I wouldnt recommend boosting the motor although many people have done it with awsome results.(5-6psi max) though people have reached 10 but with alot of retard and very pricy tuning. If your going for all motor id consider doing the type r only if ur set money wise. I have a 97 spec ITR motor soon to be 220-230 whp. right now its about 200whp. good luck! here's a little xtra on the R engine Integra DC2 Type-R / GS-R Comparison Carboy Magazine

Back