B18c R Vs B16c R ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

penngomifan

Was wondering what engine has what over the other??? as far as pros and cons go ??? i heard that the B18C R is the better motor to have if u want to run boost, but is there any other differences between the two?

There is no such thing as a B16C Type R. It's a B16B. And neither one of them would really be great for boost in stock form. They have high compression ratios. If you want to boost I'd stick with a regular B18C or B16 or even an LS.

You can use a b16b or b18cr for boost but get a GOOD tune. You are better off with a b18c for boost if you want a vtec engine and boost.

You can use a b16b or b18cr for boost but get a GOOD tune. You are better off with a b18c for boost if you want a vtec engine and boost.

I agree. Stock trim is ok as long as you get a good tune. Even the B18C type R which is like 11.1. or so can handle boost.

the problem is you dont have alot of room for error thats all. So make sure you find someone with a good reputation to tune.

I agree. Stock trim is ok as long as you get a good tune. Even the B18C type R which is like 11.1. or so can handle boost.

the problem is you dont have alot of room for error thats all. So make sure you find someone with a good reputation to tune.

+1

Back