1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18C SIR_G SWAP

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by JdmCivic4ever, Feb 24, 2004.

1. JdmCivic4ever

JdmCivic4ever Junior Member

ok I have a few questions concerning the B18C Sir-G swap I am planning on doing.

1. this is the engine I plan on getting.
    http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30009

2. I have a 97 Honda Civic EX 4DR. It's the Canadian version, meaning no VTEC.

3. with the above engine and all the parts that are included, what else will I need. I am mainly concerned with the electronics. I don't know how to hook up the GSR intake to the ECU, nor do I know how to wire up the VTEC to my existing setup. it's not the physical aspect of doing it, thats no problem, I just need a diagram or something to help me.

so basically I need to know what exactly has to be done, and if I need a OBDII --> OBDI jumper harness, and anything else that I may have forgotten.

and one final question, I am going to bolt a turbo on the GSR engine, does anyone know the best turbo to use? there are so many that I can't decide, and price is a factor, I can spend 3-4 thousand (USD) on the turbo, but not too much higher than that.

Now I know I should just read the posts in the forums and go from there, ane believe me I have. I have read hundreds of posts, and just can filter out the bullshit, from the legit info. too many posts saying senario x is possible, and then another user posts that it's not possible right under it, so please help me shed some light on this matter.

thanks guys for all your help.

Mark

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted