b18c swap in the works

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93chaosdx

93dxowner
well its been about two weeks since my civic has been in the shop waiting for the b18c to be swapped in. It is supposed to be done hopefuly tomorrow. I will put some pics up once the swap is done. i am still weighing my options for brakes, i found a killer site for brembo drilled and slotted rotors, might go with them. does the dx have rear disc brakes, if not what is the best option with the rear brakes?
i would have done the swap myself, but being as I am a Marine time isnt really available right now. let me know your opinions on the brakes thanks!

upgrade front to gsr knuckles, rotors and pads, then get rear disc brakes from the integra too, that will be a good setup for the car.

i was thinking about doing that, i have not found too many, or i have just been looking in the wrong places, cost, and the fact that i have no clue how to do the swap has alot to do with it as well, any links that you know of?

no links that i know of, but its a pretty straight forward thing to do the swap, just change out the front steering knuckles, rotors and calipers with the integra parts for the front
for the back you just change out the entire trailing arm, with the rotors and calipers plus the rubber brake hoses all from any integra 94-01
if you have a coupe you need to get 94 civic ex coupe parking brake cables
if you have a hatch you need 93 civic si parking brake cables
to me it's easy but I guess for someone who doesnt know how it may be a little tricky.

no links that i know of, but its a pretty straight forward thing to do the swap, just change out the front steering knuckles, rotors and calipers with the integra parts for the front
for the back you just change out the entire trailing arm, with the rotors and calipers plus the rubber brake hoses all from any integra 94-01
if you have a coupe you need to get 94 civic ex coupe parking brake cables
if you have a hatch you need 93 civic si parking brake cables
to me it's easy but I guess for someone who doesnt know how it may be a little tricky.

i used a 92 si cable on my dx coupe and i had no problems i dont know if theres a size difference??

i have yet another problem with this swap. my civic just happened to be manufactered in canada, so the wiring harness doesnt mount up correctly to the body. hasport has an adapter kit that they say should work and i am probably going to end up buying it any way. anyone know anyother sites for the adapter kit?

chassis made in canada or japan shouldn't matter as long as he car is usdm, what exactly is the problem with the harness?

If you are using the harness from a JDM engine it will not work with any usdm car because the plugs are on the wrong side, you would need a usdm integra harness to match the engine (obd1 or 2) and then it will plug right in.
You may will still have to wire vtec, knock and iab tho, and rywire makes kits for that Rywire - Online Store

Last edited:
i called the guy at the place where i bought my swap and he said that i could use my dx wiring harness. is this true? now the shop that is doing the swap says it will take until wednesday to be done because of the wiring to the ecu. it shouldnt be this complicated especially since i paid up front....

you can re-use your old harness, but wiring will have to be added for vtec, knock, IAB (if its a b18c GSR) and the wiring for the injectors will have to be lengthened for the injectors, the shop doing the swap should have known this before they started the swap in the first place. I always say don't let your car be someone elses learning experience.
too bad you dont live near me, it would have taken me and my buddies a weekend to put that engine in your car, we have done it at least a dozen times.
your shopping list may have been a little bigger but it would have only cost you 500 bucks for us to do it.

Back