b18c swap now electrical problems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

decay138

alright first off i am new here but still expect to hear a "what is this guy a retard?" but with that being said, i have a 97 civic with a b18c swap. i am having the worst electircal problems.... i have had my alternator rebuilt once and replace again after that and my lights still dim. under 3500 rpm my lights dim and as soon as i go over that they brighten up... any body have any ideas? my battery have never died but i am at a loss, i know one thing for sure.... its not the alternator!! any help/ suggestions would be great!

while your car is running take the batery cables off, if your car turns off its the alternator, also check all your fuses (sometimes we forget about the little things

alright first off i am new here but still expect to hear a "what is this guy a retard?" but with that being said, i have a 97 civic with a b18c swap. i am having the worst electircal problems.... i have had my alternator rebuilt once and replace again after that and my lights still dim. under 3500 rpm my lights dim and as soon as i go over that they brighten up... any body have any ideas? my battery have never died but i am at a loss, i know one thing for sure.... its not the alternator!! any help/ suggestions would be great!

Sounds like its your Voltage Regulator on your alternator rather then a prob with the diodes or field coils.

what voltage are you reading with the car running? it should be around 14.4v, if it goes up over 15v when you rev it then it definitely you voltage regulator.

Last edited:
Back