B18C Swap With D17

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigMatie

Hey All,

I own a 2002 Honda Civic EX (us) or SI in Canada.

I am debating swapping in a B18C-5 or B18C engine (j-spec so a bit higher power and compression).

However, I do not know what I will need besides (engine mounts). Do I need hubs, brakes, or anything or can this be done via bolt in?

I have a company that does alot of swaps and they will do it but I want to know before going into this what exactly I will need to drive in with my D17 and drive back out with my B18C.

If anyone has done this swap let me know what you needed to get "everything" done please.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Anyone done this swap?

If anyone knows whether I need new hubs, linkages etc to complete this swap let me know.

I know the guy who is doing it for me (the company) said he has everything but I prefer to know what I am getting into before I pay a guy to tear out my engine and dorp in the new Type-R.

Let me know.

go to 7thgencivic.com the guys on there know what they are talking about and will let u know what u will need, dont be surprised if they tell you not to though as most of them do k swaps, as our cars are difficult regradless which way you go and for the money you will spend it more worth your while to get the power and uribility and originality of a k.

just put a k in it buy the sub frame and bolt it right up

haha true, b4 u modify the mounts, harness and subframe, guess u need the engine first hunh...
i wanna do a k20a jdm s/c and spray... gonna be alot fo money, time and frustration, but worth it in the end....
but ill have an 05 civic that can smoke a lambo :D:D

Last edited:
Back