b18c swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I have a complete b18c swap with LSD tranny that I bought two weeks ago. I have already posted here several times about it....read my post "sticker on GSR engine...what does it mean" This engine probably has 60,000 miles on it, but I am not sure. I have not installed it...it's still on the crate. I paid $3300 shipped. Some people here said this was a good deal, so maybe someone is interested in buying for the same amount? I just found a b18c5 locally, and am wishing that I hadn't spend my money on this b18c. =( If anyone is interrested, please PM me.

I know this post is supposed to be in the parts for sale forum, but I also have a technical question.

If someone does buy this b18c from me and I buy the type-r, which engine harness will I need to use, and where is the best place to get an obd2 to obd1 harness conversion? And will I be able to use the p73 ecu that comes with the type r?

Also, how can I be sure this swap I found locally is really a b18c5? I don't want to get another gsr with a red valve cover.

Thanks!

B18C5 harness will plug right into a 5th gen civic, you need to rewire a couple small things.

94 civic hatch.

If anyone is interrested in buying my b18c swap with LSD for $3300, let me know soon. I think I'll probably buy the b18c5 anyway...I can't pass up on this deal.

I am located in NW Arkansas.

If someone does buy this b18c from me and I buy the type-r, which engine harness will I need to use, and where is the best place to get an obd2 to obd1 harness conversion? And will I be able to use the p73 ecu that comes with the type r?

Also, how can I be sure this swap I found locally is really a b18c5? I don't want to get another gsr with a red valve cover.

Thanks!
Firstly, just use whichever harness and ECU that matches the engine you're dropping in. Not really sure where to get a conversion, I know Hondata has one for their computers, you should check them out for that. Secondly, if you want to know if the engine in question is a genuine USDM Type-R (B18C5 195 FHP) just look at the block stamp. If yours is stamped B18C (210FHP), it's a JDM Type-R, if there's a 5 after the C it's USDM. It's a really easy swap to drop in, I did my JDM ITR in my del sol in 2.5 hours and that was going pretty slow. My friend helped me with the wiring, that takes much longer, but it's best if you use the matching ECU and wires. If you have any further questions, just ask. Good Luck!

Back