b18c swop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic b18cR

Hi guys, im in the process of doing a b18c type r swop in my ek.
I bought the engine from one of our local importers. Apperently the engine is from a 96- spec coz it doesnt have the JDM header. My question is what headers do i get and what exhaust size do go, 57mm or 63mm?
I have been doing research and I came across the RMF style headers 4 into 1, I would like to know if any1 has tried it and what power gains hav u got after installing the header. Btw im from South Africa and where I stay the altitude is like 1600m above sea level, n/a cars struggle to breath lol. Any advise would be highly appreciated.
Thanx

I don't know to much about altitude but at sea level i believe its 14.7 psi of pressure average. Denver colorado i believe is 1 mile above sea level and it has about 12.2 psi, So you do the math for where you live and that might help you at there. As far as size it depeneds on wether or not you want more top end power or more bottom end power. The larger the diameter the better for high rpm. If it was me and if your wanting to go N/A i would get anti-reversion headers. Cost is a bit more but the power gain is worth it.

hope this helps

Back