b18c throttle cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
Since ive now got the car started without the plugs connected, i figure i can just take it somewhere to get those figured out. What i need to know now is if i can use a throttle cable off of a 94 b18c on a 95 b18b since my 93 civic throttle cable wont work? Also to hookup the exhaust do i just need to like create my own pipe to go under the car to the muffler since the flange is cocked the other way?

no you can't use a gsr throttle cable it will be too short. i know this from experience. find an ls throttle cable.

try it this way. go to your hardware store apick up a piece of metal that is about 3/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick and that is at least 5 inchs long. Then take the mounting bracket off the intake manifold and using a marker put a dot on the piece of metal that you bought, drill 2 holes, bolt the mounting bracket on. then bolt it to the intake manifold at the right position. total cost and time, $5 and 10 min. (more time to drive to store) ALL in all your just extending the bracket over witha a home made contraption. I did it on my B16 in a 93 cause the cable wasn't right

Darin

Originally posted by darwins_vtech@Aug 7 2003, 08:33 AM
try it this way. go to your hardware store apick up a piece of metal that is about 3/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick and that is at least 5 inchs long. Then take the mounting bracket off the intake manifold and using a marker put a dot on the piece of metal that you bought, drill 2 holes, bolt the mounting bracket on. then bolt it to the intake manifold at the right position. total cost and time, $5 and 10 min. (more time to drive to store) ALL in all your just extending the bracket over witha a home made contraption. I did it on my B16 in a 93 cause the cable wasn't right

Darin

fuk all that bullshit...go to your local acura dealer and pick one up for about $10.
when i was doing my swap i simply went to the Honda dealer and got a new throttle cable for a 99 Si.
this way you don't have fabricate anything and you'll be sure to have the correct par that you need.

the acura dealership wont have them until tuesday or wednesday nextweek

Back