B18C Troubles!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93eggsr

hey everybody, new here and to hondas so am sure i will get the general "are you stupid" comments but oh well. the first problem is that when my car sits at idle it will occasionally go from normal idle to about 1500. i have a skunk 2 intake manifold,aem v2 cai, dc header, and 2.5" header back. then my next problem is vtec will not engage. when it should be engaging it throws a check engine light.all connections are good though and am pretty sure that it is wired correctly. the cel it throws is for the vtec solenoid. but i know it isnt bad. someone mentioned to me something about the filter inside of it. does anyone know about this and if so the help would be very greatly appreciated. thanks

well this is a very useful forum... hahahaha

it is isnt it.. for the surging idle, check for vacuum leaks.. you said you changed the manifold.. did you replace all the gaskets, even the throttle body gasket.. while the car is running spray some carb cleaner around the base of the manifold, throttle body, sensors.. anything attached to the manifold basically.. if it starts to die out, you know where you leak is.. as for vtec not working.. do you have the correct amount of oil in the motor, is everything plugged back in to the correct spots.. could just be a bad solenoid

Got the vtec problem fixed. the guy that i had wire it got the vtec pressure switch and the solenoid switch wores crossed. works great now though. i know what the problem is with the idle now too. it is the FITV. will fix that tomorrow though. thanks for the help though eg6sir. really appreciate the help.

the FITV probably got over tightened and smashed the gaskets.. i did the same thing a while back.. the carb cleaner trick helped me realize that

Back