B18c type R into 89 SI CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

First post on here. My names Dave, I live in FL, and I love Hondas.Ive been into hondas for a couple years now. I currently drive an 98 Integra GSR with a JDM b18c GSR swap. My brother drives a 94 Integra with an LS/VTEC turbo set up, so I know my way around a honda a little bit. I recently picked up an 88 CRX Si shell. Full interior, outside has some rust above the rear tires but thats for another day. Anyways, ive read through the site a little but have yet to find a definitive answer to any of my questions. So if one of you guys could point me in the direction of a Build thread or a How-To guide on swapping in a 98+ Integra Type R motor into an 88 CRX Si chassis I would greatly appreciate it.

Dave

Didnt see how to edit thread or anything like that. the thread title reads 89 si, I messed up I meant to put 88 Si. And also, im not soo much interested in info on the actual drop in part, im more interested in wiring. The car is obd0, the motor is obdII, so the question I have is, what engine harness do I use to wire this thing up? Will I need to run an obdI ECU? or can i have the p73 that came with the swap chipped or something like that? Also, any pics or links for wiring would be a great help.

Thanks JLI! So I need to find an uncut minty 88 si engine harness, and modify it where it needs to be modified such as the dizzy, the alternator and the injectors.

Probably run a chipped p28 (OBD1) thats set up for a type r basemap with the mods you will have done. I would ask around a little bit but pretty sure p28 is the way to go. Just get a conversion harness for the ECU plug in points.

Back