b18c vs b18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the US GSR uses different cams that cause it to have 10 fewer horsepower than JDM. Note- JDM measures horsepower differently, some JDMs dont have much variation. JDM are wired for left hand drive, which could require modification for right hand drive.

I'm not sure if thats entirely accurate. I could be mistaken but I believe the cams are the same between the two but the jdm GSR has a higher compression ratio (pistons) & a slightly remapped ecu but its mainly the compression that differs between the two.

divisii said:
the US GSR uses different cams that cause it to have 10 fewer horsepower than JDM. Note- JDM measures horsepower differently, some JDMs dont have much variation. JDM are wired for left hand drive, which could require modification for right hand drive.

yeah, this is totally wrong.

B18c1 Jdm has a compression ratio of 10.6:1 which made 180hp/126ftlbs while the USDM version was only pushing 10.1:1 making 170hp/121ftlbs all as a difference in pistons, the US version has a reliefe of .6cc while japans was domed to 2.52cc, the ECU is setup differrent to reflect the higher compression.

also switch around the way the engines are wired, the JDMs are wired for right hand drive which may cause soome complacations when lodging them into your eg or whatever.

Last edited:
Back