B18C vs B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I went for a ride in that b20 hatch i mentioned.
He told me a bit about it
b20 vtec
gsr head
skunk2 cams
said compression was 12.5:1 with the head and everything
he was running race gas when i was in it.. idk..
but the thing is damn quick, thats one hell of a ride. theres not one point where it doesnt put u in the seat.
In my buddy's del sol (b16a3) it had NO bottom end. It would get RAPED off the line all the time, off the line is very important imo. Food for thought I guess... 2 ltr vs 1.8 ltr.. torque is the only real difference that i can see. Other than the b20's stock sleeves are known to be weaker than that of the GSR and LS.

I went for a ride in that b20 hatch i mentioned.
He told me a bit about it
b20 vtec
gsr head
skunk2 cams
said compression was 12.5:1 with the head and everything
he was running race gas when i was in it.. idk..
but the thing is damn quick, thats one hell of a ride. theres not one point where it doesnt put u in the seat.
In my buddy's del sol (b16a3) it had NO bottom end. It would get RAPED off the line all the time, off the line is very important imo. Food for thought I guess... 2 ltr vs 1.8 ltr.. torque is the only real difference that i can see. Other than the b20's stock sleeves are known to be weaker than that of the GSR and LS.

well that would explain the 13 sec 1/4 mile time:D. B20/vtec's are sweet, but when properly built cost more then a straight b18c swap.

As for the weak cylinder wall issue, thats only a problem if you're boosting alot.

I hear all sorts of things about b20's getting killed by B18C's vise versa b20's hanging with B18C's...there's alot of bs to sort through.

As for b16a's, they can get beat by your B18B swap till 3rd or 4th gear, so I would think a b20z swap would kill a b16a...at least till 4th and by that time who cares.

civic ek 3 hatch here wats i get on my b20b vtech 13.1 CR
-octane 100 shell v-power GAS
-JE big bore 75 mm piston
-toda c cam
-jg elderbroke peformer x intake
-h22a 335 cc injector
-b16a port polish head
-tune with crome
-max 216 whp
-ATS super single clutch
-std ek9 type r gearbox
-0-400 13.2 sec