B18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

learningtrigg

I am looking to build a V-Tec engine. I heard the B18C engine from a Acura Integra would be a good engine to build. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice? I would like to know what year engine to look for. Would a salvage yard be a good place to find one of these engines and how much should I look to spend?

just about any honda engine B series or otherwise is a good platform to build from
depending on how thorough you want to be in your rebuilding process you can get an engine from anywhere
the year you should look for will depend on what year car it is going to end up going in (it is easier to put a same year or newer engine in a car than it is to put an older one and try to make everything work)
where you live and how strict they are about shit will also come into play
then there are the usual basics of what are your goals, and what do you plan to do with it
all of this also depends on what your budget is
and what kind of time frame you plan on doing this in
do you have another car to drive durring the build process
will it be a ground up build or will it be pieced together over time

your first step really needs to be RESEARCH... a lot of your questions are already answered... and with research you will learn what questions you really have and need to ask... otherwise you are just going to waste a fuck ton of money pissing into the wind

Parts

This is good I will continue looking for a B18 block for my build. How do I tell the year of the engine when I find one? I do not have a time limit as to build this engine and car. If it takes me a couple of years this will be just fine. I plan on building the engine then find a car to put it in. I will start from junk or close to and build from there. May take many of years, is mainly for the experience and fun of it! I plan on asking many of questions on this website!!!!!

Back