B18C1 and B16A same block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
I have a friend who was rebuilding a GSR. Unfortunately, he overheated the engine and didnt notice for about 5 minutes, causing his block to warp, and now it wont start. He already had new pistons and rods and everything, but were not installed. Could he take a B16A block and install the b18C1 internals using the b18c1 head?

the blocks are not the same
the b16a has a shorter deck height

as for whether or not it will work? :shrug2:

if he overheated, i bet the head is warped too

the pistons should work in a b16 block though

Pistons WILL work, but if i'm not mistaken on the exact height difference, I believe it is 7 MM....Not for sure, but i know there is some difference

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 3 2005, 01:59 PM
not directly they wont'. the bore is correct, but they won't fit the gsr rod properly.
[post=535289]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohh yea, the GSR and Type R have a different wrist pin than the LS and B16.

not only that but the GSR rods are longer than b16 rods. or shorter... or some shit.

which furthermore supports the fact that the blocks are not the same. deck height is different between b18c* and b16*'s...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 12 2005, 05:39 AM
which furthermore supports the fact that the blocks are not the same. deck height is different between b18c* and b16*'s...
[post=539115]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, in order for that to be true, you'd have to substitute the * in B16* with an A, since the B16B is the same block as the ITR. Also it doesn't include any differences made by the crank, which could make the deck hieghts teh same, but they aren't :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 13 2005, 02:42 PM-->
brian11to1
@Aug 12 2005, 05:39 AM
[post=539115]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, in order for that to be true, you'd have to substitute the * in B16* with an A, since the B16B is the same block as the ITR. Also it doesn't include any differences made by the crank, which could make the deck hieghts teh same, but they aren't :)
[post=539669]Quoted post[/post]​

Good info, I didnt know the B16B had was the same block as the ITR. Thanks for informing me the B16A and B16B's DH is different. Dooly (sp?) noted...

b16 pistons fit fine on gsr/type r rods. its the other way around that wont work without modification

Back