b18c1 block trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

Awhile ago i posted something about my b18c1 block having screwed up threds on the passanger side mounting point. well some people responded saying to tap it and some said jb weld. well i put JB weld in it... and that wasnt a good idea. well now i have these screwed up holes in my block and i dont know what to do. Tomorrow im going ot look for some tapping tools or something but i dont know what to look for. my co-worker was talking about this thing where you put like a spring thing into the hole which is like a new thred. does anyone have anything that can help me?? maybe something that can help me asap because i need the car for school and work. also if i retap it will i have to use bigger bolts? where would i get bigger bolts and would they still fit through the holes on the mounts?

THANK YOU

retap the block and retap the mount, it is not that big of a deal you will just have to change a socket if you are pulling the motor...

ok what you need is a tap and die set that will help you in tapping the hole with new threads now the spring thing he was talking about is a "heilicoil" take your bols with you and if you can find the right size this method is a little easier

Back