b18c1 boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marky Mark

hey guys, I bought a gsr a while ago and finally got it all apart and to the machine shop. Im getting it bored .20 over and I also ordered a Eagle Rotating Assembly. Im planning on boosting and i didnt want to have too low compression like a 9.1:1 or anything, so i picked up the 10.4:1 pistons in the kit, so i can run a lower boost and get the same hp as low compression and higher boost. Ive just been reading alot lately and im getting nervous about the cylinder walls cracking and what not. im looking for ~300-350 whp. So if you have any insite on this I would appreciate it. I know a great tune is key, and thats all lined up. Im just scared that the block itself wont be sufficient. Thanks

With a decent tune stock GSR sleeves will hold that.

Just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to tune your car.

yeah, all my buddies go to Sander to get tuned, so that is where i will go. Either that or Evans, so either way I know it will be a legit tune. Ive been thinking about maybe getting a .30 headgasket instead of the .26(stock) headgasket. Should i go with stock size or alittle thicker?

I would go with a little thicker head gasket to lower comp. if your going to being running >10lbs, (its hard to jump when someone is hitting you in the head with a hammer) and some ARP head studs to keep it all tight, that and a good tune and youll be fine.

I already have all arp bolts for the bottom end. you think more the a .030? i checked what the compression would be and it was around 10.0:1, alittle more then that

Back