b18c1 build questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HittmanD16

I did some research and found that if i use b20/ls crank i could get a lil more compression/ torque i wanted to know if it was true.
as of right now i ordered parts for my c1 bottom as followed:
b20crank and rods
forged b16 pistons for a lil over bore
what would u suggest as the best head and transmission to use for this bottom end combo?
i could really use some input dont flame me cause i am a newb to all this.
thanks =)

If you have the GSR head just use that. If you dont have a head the best is the Type R second IMO is the B16 but there is a long going heated argument on if the GSR head is better than the B16. The trans all depends on what you plan to do with the car. If you are daily driving the car The GSR trans or Ls trans is a good choice, GSR has shorter 1,2,3 gears than the LS. I have a LS Vtec with LS trans in my DD and I like it. If you are making a race only car a ITR trans is the best for the short gears and LSD. Be sure to balance the bottom end the GSR crank, rods and pistons are balanced much better from the factor than the LS/B20. Also a must with the LS and B20 rods in ARP rod bolts, factory rod bolts will fail around 7800+ RPMs.

so i did some lookin i found a b16 head on cl for 250 but it said it was taped and feeded for lsv could that head still work on my gsr block what would i have to do to un feed and un taper it.

Back