?b18c1 build up with ls crank?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
hey im deciding on building my gsr motor for turbo i already know what turbo setup im using already but im thinking of using the ls crank since its already im my possesion. wat do u think about it and which rod would i use for it?

why????? island motorsports did the samething it was on the cover of import tuner...

do it if you want...its having the best lsvtec set up.. just knife edge the crank...and have the machine shop put the block together...

There is nothing wrong with that if you already have it and the little bit that it changes helps alot all motor and even more under boost. The LS is weaker though and you will have to plug the oil squirters to keep them from hitting the crank. With the forged units you will use for the boost you won't need them anyway so no big deal. Use LS length rods. I was about to do this but decided not to rape my spare LS block for the parts in the end. Tit for tat though, with the turbo already making so much more power I don't know that it would be worth the endevor. It's done mostly in N/A setups.

Back