b18c1 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh1988

Need some input on my b18c1 build.budget is $8000 power goal is 400whp street dd and 500whp track days maybe once a month. Already have the motor and a ls trans and a garrett t3t4 60 trim turbo.so $8000 on top of what I already have.any input would be nice thanks.

On top of obvious quality/proven parts and a trusted tuner, I would sleeve the block, port and build the head, balanced GSR crank, turbo rods, 9.8-10.2 compression range pistons, Hondata 300 ECU, ID1000 injectors (or your preference....just big cc's), equal length non-log style exhaust manifold, and a twin disc clutch. But it would take some getting used to for daily driving. Some serious getting used to. Or at least a stg4. That would be easier to get used to.

I cannot give much opinion on what camshafts to use. But I know many stg2+ all motor cams have been known to work well on many turbo set ups. A lot of options if you think of it that way. I suggest you lurk around a few google hits with B-Turbos and see what you find. Maybe you'll find a good combo based on your turbo size and power goals.

Also look into different types of pistons (cast/forged) and how they affect your application. Some need oil squirters and some need them removed.

It's tough to DD that much power. 250-350whp is much more manageable, will most likely last much longer and will cost much less.

Stock LS block with 12lbs would be a lot of fun.

Well I will most likely have 3 diffrent tunes set up one at 300 then 400 then 500 for track.really the only thing I want to know is what is the most reliable set up for my goal and budget. I will have a spare b18c1 stock to swap if something were to blow on my built untill I can get it fix

Sleeved block. Talk to your tuner and see what compression he thinks it should be. He may want you to be less than 10:1 compression.

And the most important is the machining and assembly of the motor. Someone who knows imports....not a domestic engine builder mentality. They think they can grind Honda cranks but you can't. Just micro polish and get balance. Honda cranks have a heat protective coating that shouldn't be grinded away.

Sleeved block. Talk to your tuner and see what compression he thinks it should be. He may want you to be less than 10:1 compression.

And the most important is the machining and assembly of the motor. Someone who knows imports....not a domestic engine builder mentality. They think they can grind Honda cranks but you can't. Just micro polish and get balance. Honda cranks have a heat protective coating that shouldn't be grinded away.

When I built my H22A I went with a comp ratio of 9.8.1 mainly because the cam's and head came into play and also what turbo you want to use ect ect.... Just got to think of all the factors, I wantted Mid range power... and thus a builder up here said lower comp bigger turbo :)

I can see that being a good route.

Guys get +/- 500whp from unopened/bone stock K20(A2/Z1/Z3's) with Turbo, injectors, fuel and tune. But it's a lot to do with the tuner and his knowledge of these motors. K-Pro is pretty amazing.

I know a CRX that is daily driven like this and he hit a 10.44 1/4 mile. Whoa.

But that's pushing a stock motor a little too far....can't hold up forever.

I can see that being a good route.

Guys get +/- 500whp from unopened/bone stock K20(A2/Z1/Z3's) with Turbo, injectors, fuel and tune. But it's a lot to do with the tuner and his knowledge of these motors. K-Pro is pretty amazing.

I know a CRX that is daily driven like this and he hit a 10.44 1/4 mile. Whoa.

But that's pushing a stock motor a little too far....can't hold up forever.
For some reason this brings me to remembering a vid of a honda at a drag strip and watching the stock fly wheel shoot out of the car lmao

Back