B18c1 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gonzo_gsr

How much fabrication is required to swap my B18C1 out of my wrecked '92 civic and into a 2nd gen crx. Is it worth the trouble or should I just stick with a civic.
(sorry if you already saw this, I posted in the wrong place first time)

dude, its easy. its just like a b16a swap, once you convert obd's. make sure u get an Si or HF so you dont have to convert dp- mpfi, but other than thats its an easy swap. get the mounts drop it in, get a cable b16a tranny, b16a ecu or reprogrammed B18c1 ecu, wire it for vtec, shift linkage and your done. the dropping in part is the same as a b18a or b16a swap. just dent drivers side frame rail, and put in mounts. Drop engine in rear mount 1st. then you gotta worry about wiring. gotta change distributor and injectors and such over to obd0, or car to obd1, then your good to go. use the b16a tranny so you dont have to play around, and you already have cable, and it wont be so bad. or buy a hydro-cable converter from hasport. the swap would take a ammature about a week of hard work, and a more skilled person the better part of 3-4 days. I have a friend that has put 2 b18c1's in his ef civic and hes knowledgable so if you have any questions let me know and ill ask him. His car is a B18c1 turbo that runs high 11's :eek:O:.

Easy im doing one right know and its my first time i did anything like this before. Luckily my neighbor and friend have every tool imaginable.

you WILL have hood clearance issues with the b18c1.

If you have hood clearance issures. put some chalk on where you believe its hitting the the engine, close the hood slowly, try to move it a bit and u will have a chalk mark left where it hits the hood, just cut out the brace in this spot and you should have enough clearance. if you need more clearance buy a JDM ZC hood

Back