B18c1 ---> EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Ok I've been playin GT3 too much. The EK hatches are starting to grow on me. So...here's what I was thinking...(probably nothing new to anyone else here)

Somewhere in the 94-01 years of B18c1 GSR engines which is what I want to swap into an EK hatch from 96-00.

I have a few questions. (some of which were already answered by TPP)

1. How much am I looking at for a used c1 which I'm going to rebuild and squeeze boost into anyway?

2. How much for a corresponding GSR tranny? (as if I get an EK with a D series, the tranny won't bolt up)

3. Would it hold the power if I decided to try to make 250 whp?

4. Would the GSR gauges fit in with little or no splicing?

5. Would hasport mounts be needed if the EK came with a D series?

6. Would my already acquired T3/T4 with .43 A/R be a good turbo for this application? Or would it be too small to get the power requirements as stated above?

I'm sure theres more questions I'll have as you guys answer em. But thanks in advance...and don't stray from the topic...cause I just want answers and red flags to any problems I know I'm overlooking.

:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the EK's were from 96-00, and teh 92-95 were the EG's, and they are all bolt on for B-series motors.

1. $2899 from hmotorsonline. you could prolly find it for cheaper thogh, check www.alljapaneseengines.com or ebay

2. tranny should come with the swap.

3. sure. you'd prolly have to build the block tho (pistons, rods, sleeves)

4. they'll fit, you gotta move almost every single wire around on the gauge cluster plugs though. http://www.fifthgearonline.com/installs/gsrcluster.htm <---thats what i used. i had to move the ground wire over 1 spot thogh. other than that, that's the best how-to i've ever seen.

5. no. you'll need a b-series back mount, and d-series driver and passenger side mounts.

6. i dont know shit about turbos. i dont see what'd be wrong with a t4/t3 though, it's still a turbo.

Sweet thanks man. one more question I forgot.

Would I be getting the c1 ECU along with the engine or would I need to dig one up to keep from having to fuck around with the obd splicing/changing shit?

for 3k you sure as hell had better get the ecu! lol

if you got the swap from hmotorsonline, it'd come with the ecu.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 25 2003, 05:05 PM
for 3k you sure as hell had better get the ecu! lol

if you got the swap from hmotorsonline, it'd come with the ecu.

schweet :)

Thanks.. This thread will be saved for future usage ;)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 25 2003, 04:08 PM
Ok I've been playin GT3 too much. The EK hatches are starting to grow on me. So...here's what I was thinking...(probably nothing new to anyone else here)

Somewhere in the 94-01 years of B18c1 GSR engines which is what I want to swap into an early 90s...say 92-96 EK hatch (yes I know EKs were from 92-00).

1. How much am I looking at for a used c1 which I'm going to rebuild and squeeze boost into anyway?

2. How much for a corresponding GSR tranny? (as if I get an EK with a D series, the tranny won't bolt up)

6. Would my already acquired T3/T4 with .43 A/R be a good turbo for this application? Or would it be too small to get the power requirements as stated above?

I'm sure theres more questions I'll have as you guys answer em. But thanks in advance...and don't stray from the topic...cause I just want answers and red flags to any problems I know I'm overlooking.

Nitrous dosent mix with boost, nitrous like exhuast valves to open wide, turbo dosent. :eek:

jesus christ, the shit never ends............... Ek chassis's were made from 96-00 (and 01 in some markets) and the 92-95 civics are chassis code EG. Yes a B18, NO MATTER WHAT B SERIES, will bolt into an ek with the appropriate mounts for that chassis , e.g., Engine and tranny mounts for a 99-00 Si. That is unless of course you are using an earlier stlye cable clutch transmission, in which case you will have to purchase a cable to hydraulic adapter and mount kit from Hasport. If you buy an OBD 2 B16A it will all bolt in with no mods whatsoever, with the evception of wiring for VTEC and knock sensor if you do not have a VTEC equipped civic , i.e, LX,DX,CX. I say stick with a b16a, it's what belongs in a civic anyway.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Dec 25 2003, 07:41 PM
jesus christ, the shit never ends............... Ek chassis's were made from 96-00 (and 01 in some markets) and the 92-95 civics are chassis code EG. Yes a B18, NO MATTER WHAT B SERIES, will bolt into an ek with the appropriate mounts for that chassis , e.g., Engine and tranny mounts for a 99-00 Si. That is unless of course you are using an earlier stlye cable clutch transmission, in which case you will have to purchase a cable to hydraulic adapter and mount kit from Hasport. If you buy an OBD 2 B16A it will all bolt in with no mods whatsoever, with the evception of wiring for VTEC and knock sensor if you do not have a VTEC equipped civic , i.e, LX,DX,CX. I say stick with a b16a, it's what belongs in a civic anyway.

wtf? did I ask for ANY of what you just said? I'm puttin in a fucking GSR motor whether you like it or not. I'm sorry I fucking mixed up the years for the EK chassis. I just didn't feel like editing to fucking change it asshole. If you're going to be negative and NOT answer my questions then DON'T FUCKING POST IN MY FUCKING THREAD.

Thank you. Move along.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 25 2003, 06:44 PM-->
revolution8k
@Dec 25 2003, 04:08 PM
Ok I've been playin GT3 too much. The EK hatches are starting to grow on me. So...here's what I was thinking...(probably nothing new
Somewhere in the 94-01 years of B18c1 GSR engines which is what I want to swap into an early 90s...say 92-96 EK hatch (yes I know EKs were from 92-00).

2. How much for a corresponding GSR tranny? (as if I get an EK with a D series, the tranny won't bolt up)to anyone else here)

Nitrous dosent mix with boost, nitrous like exhuast valves to open wide, turbo dosent. :eek:

You civicious still an a$$hole You 8k= 1. How much am I looking at for a used c1 which I'm going to rebuild and squeeze boost into anyway?
Ethier you talking about nitrous, you dont Sqeeze turbo.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 25 2003, 11:57 PM-->
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 06:44 PM
revolution8k
@Dec 25 2003, 04:08 PM
Ok I've been playin GT3 too much. The EK hatches are starting to grow on me. So...here's what I was thinking...(probably nothing new

2. How much for a corresponding GSR tranny? (as if I get an EK with a D series, the tranny won't bolt up)to anyone else here)

Your an idiot. 1. How much am I looking at for a used c1 which I'm going to rebuild and squeeze boost into anyway?
Ethier you talking about nitrous, you dont Sqeeze turbo.

:slap: You don't squeeze nitrous...you spray nitrous, dumbass.

Go jump off a bridge.

You must be watching too much FnF and playin GT3 too much. squeezing is a term for using nitrous, your still wrong you dont squeeze boost. End of story, Im no longer repling you can argue with your self.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 25 2003, 07:18 PM
Nitrous dosent mix with boost, nitrous like exhuast valves to open wide, turbo dosent

you = fucktard of the month

Use a small shot of nitrous like a 50 shot, or in some case when turbo is maxxed out 100 shot (exprienced tuners) .

Nice primer on your hood makes it look like a carbonfiber hood from a far (NOT).

Your moma = whore of the month . Since nitrous is already suppling oxygen to the chamber it needs to exit. Nitrous needs exhaust valve to open wide if thats done with a turbo you lose boost and overlap will cause pressure to reverse.

wow b16 in a sedan, hoping to make some passes?
I have a stock CRX HF in the garage that has been sitting for 3 month that would start up and walk that thing.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 26 2003, 12:54 AM
You must be watching too much FnF and playin GT3 too much. squeezing is a term for using nitrous, your still wrong you dont squeez boost. End of story, Im no longer repling you can argue with your self.

Goddamn it what the fuck did I say in my first post? don't stray off topic. and what the fuck are you doing? you're being a fucking moron and you're wasting my time. You fucking SPRAY nitrous whys that? because you spray it into your fucking intake, (wet system) hence the term SPRAY. When you boost your car with a turbo you're squeezing more air into the same fucking volume. Get it? No, because you're still a fucking moron. Go put your TCS on your gay ass DX and have fun flooding and destroying your fucking motor asshat.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 26 2003, 01:06 AM

Goddamn it what the fuck did I say in my first post? don't stray off topic. and what the fuck are you doing? you're being a fucking moron and you're wasting my time. You fucking SPRAY nitrous whys that? because you spray it into your fucking intake, (wet system) hence the term SPRAY. When you boost your car with a turbo you're squeezing more air into the same fucking volume. Get it? No, because you're still a fucking moron. Go put your TCS on your gay ass DX and have fun flooding and destroying your fucking motor asshat.

You :blah: :rant:

Me = :bo:

:locked:

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 26 2003, 01:08 AM-->
revolution8k
@Dec 26 2003, 01:06 AM

You :blah: :rant:

Me = :bo:

funny you have no arguement cause I'm right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back