b18c1 Gsr head vs b16a2 Si head

So.....?

• 99-00 Si B16a2 h

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I keep on getting different views/opinions about which one flows better... from the factory.

I want/need technical specs or proof of which one flows better. I don't care about speculation.

I will have a turbo GSR EK hatch in the future but people keep on saying use the b16a2 head because it flows better. If it's getting rebuilt anyway, it doesn't matter...but I wanna know.

And don't be like some people and argue with me about stupid pointless shit. <_< Thanks. :)

i vote b16a2 head.. its a great head.. and isnt the bastard like the GSR head. Who knows what flows better, but that is why 99% of the lsvtecs and crvtecs use b16 heads, b/c you have more options asto what you can use on them vs the b18c1.

I would use the B16 head simply because it's cheaper. The difference in flow characteristics is virtually non-existant on a stock head. The only real differences are the B16's single stage manny versus the GSR's dual stage and the GSR's combustion chambers are slightly smaller, thus yielding higher compression.

the GSR does flow a "tad" more cfm in the midrange

the PR3 head b16/itr head flows a tad more cfm up top over the GSR.

I would go with a B16 head because the cost of one versus a GSr head is about half.

the only reason people will choose B16 head is because of cost,

the reason I choose B18c head is beacause I have one, and the GSR head has smaller combustion chambers and if I would put some ITR pistons the thing will have more compresion,

so I will say GSR head, Si head is allright but it is allready almost perfect and you cant do anything else to it,

but if you are doing the rebuild go for the B16 cuz the price and jest play with it,

The B16 does flow better but not by much. B16 is made more for top end power and the GS-R head for midrange power/torque. Just CNC port either and get a bitchin' flow generated. :)

i voted b16 (even though ive got a gsr hatch) b/c of the fact that if your boosting the b16a head LOWERS the comp .2 and the lower the comp..the more safe your motor is...im i not correct?

Originally posted by spoolinrican@Jan 1 2004, 11:56 PM
the b16 flow better :worthy:

only up top ... the GSR out does it in the mid range <cough> where hondas need help <cough>

only up top ... the GSR out does it in the mid range <cough> where hondas need help <cough> [/quote]
that is ture but gsr are is for more bottom end iam i right? :blink:

CFM gains have been shown on numerous sites that infact show the GSR head flowing more in the midrange and the b16 head flowing more up top. When I stated flowing more, you are talking about a smaller amount more, it's not a huge difference.

Why do you need higher gears for street racing? You like blasting through town doing a buck twenty??? You want 1-3 for typical street races. Maybe you're thinking of highway kickdowns in 3rd gear and beyond.

Originally posted by spoolinrican@Jan 2 2004, 04:56 PM
which one is better in higher gears for like street racing

Thanks for highjacking my thread asshat.

heres the comparison

its not enough of a difference to give a fuck about IMO

b16vsgsrstock.jpg

Well, I'll just stick with a P&P, and a port matching job on the GSR head when I get the engine itself. That'll be the cheapest in the long run.

:)

Back