b18c1 Header - with - Cat Length Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackBoosted2

Put a 2001 B18c1 in the hatch this week, and the GSR "header" was too short to reach my stock 94' Si exhaust. I welded in an extenstion just to get me by for awhile till I can afford a new exhaust.

I picked up a cheap Greddy header, and it is even shorter than the GSR "header". Also, the Greddy header doesnt have the O2 plug in..

I was thinking about getting either a high flow cat, or test pipe. I need something with an O2 housing, and the "longer" length to meet up with the Greddy header..

Any Ideas on what high/flow cats I could use that would be long enough?

I may just end up getting something totally custom made up, but I kinda want something to get by without spending tons o' $$$$$

Other than that, swap turned out great!

you need to buy a header made for a type r, im pretty sure everything will line up if you do that. the GSR headers are shorter, but i though in 00-01 the GSR's had a regular length header. hmmm. now im confused, but yea you can just fab up your cat to fit it. and E, carsound cats arent that expensive, i got mine brand new off ebay for 50 shipped.

Back