B18c1 (i think)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoSeS

ok, i have a 96 civic dx with the d16 in it and i want to swap in the b18c1. im getting one for 100 bucks, its in great condition it runs and all the other happy crap. the problem is that the dumbass who had it before me converted it from obd1 to obd0 and now i need to know how much work is going to be involved in converting it to obd2 so i can mount it in my car. i also need to know how to convert it? im not too concerned about the cost cause im getting the engine so cheap, i would still like the cheapest way. im a single 20 year old father and this is the best deal ive come across yet to get more power in my little car and i would like to take full advantage of it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

C'mon help me out, you guys can reply to the guy who doesn't know where his engine code is, but you can't halp me.... I'm sorry if I'm being pushy I've just had this car for 1 year and a half now and I am so sick of being slow!!!!!

Oh crap this isn't a JDM motor is it???? SOAB!!!!! I hope not, I know that JDM engines into USDM chassis is a pain in the ass that I don't want.

I think you're confused.
If you're getting a b18c1 for $100 and it runs, I'll give you $200 for it tomorrow.
(aka it's stolen)
Putting a JDM b18c is the same process as putting a USDM b18c1 into your car.
(You will need a B series Transmission, B series axles and shiftlinkage)
Use your existing wire harness and extend some of the wires, add VTEC and VTEC pressure along with IABS.
Get obd2 injectors, alternator, and distributor.
You need a 99-00 civic Si rear mount bracket and timing belt side mount bracket.
This swap took us about 5 hours total, 3 people doing it, and i was dedicated to the wiring and it only took me about an hour to run everything.

Extend the map sensor and TPS wires because you're going to plug them in wrong the first time and wonder why your car runs like ass.

You will have to extend/add quite a few wires using the DX harness:
Add knock sensor wiring.
Add Crankshaft positioning sensor wiring.
Add VTEC and VTEC pressure.
Extend all the injector wires a little bit (You can make them work, but the wire stays tensioned so I advise against it)
Extend the IAT sensor wires.

Use the pinout diagrams in the reference section for wiring to the ecu.

I never said it wasn't but i'm not saying it is. the main thing that worried me was the wiring on it, and the parts I would need to replace. I have never owned a car long enough to do an engine swap so this will be my first time (be gentle)

Back