b18c1 in crx need quick answer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mad_hatter

Its Da Mad Hatter
ok the motor i got is b18c1 obd1 the dizzy on it is b16a1 im guessing the injectors would have to be the same?(yes/no) and the ecu i have is p72 but its obd2 someone wants to trade me a b17 ecu but im just now thinking that it wont work for me so someone please help, the engine ran before i got it so i dont want to get a new dizzy and injectors, what ecu? a p72 obd1 correct? or what ecu is a b16a1? anyone want to sell or trade ecus? and i cant find a hf crx harness to save my life!, anyone

there was a harness on ebay last night i think it's an si but, my helms manual shows the si and the hf are the same

p.s. it took me three months to find an hf harness and it was hacked to hell good luck

Last edited:
NO. Those 2 harnesses are NOT the same.
Injectors don't need to match anything (obd0 uses a resistor box, OBD1 and OBD2 do not)
B16 and GSR distributors are both TD-44/68. Same thing.
You should be using a P72 if you're running a GSR with IAB's (intake air bypas valve)

Those are the right answers. If you don't have IABs, run a chipped and tuneable OBD1 ECU if you want the best performance.

And why do you need an HF CRX harness? What is in there now that recently ran the car? Dont replace things that don't need to be. You can't buy your way out of most problems.

ok thats what i was hoping to here i need the harness becasue i just got the shell the dick before me pulled the harness out, and the harness i have on my engine is the 91 teg wont fit because i have that square plug on the one side or the car, i figured i needed the p72 someone tried to trade me for a b17 ecu but i didnt think it would work, i have a obd2 p72 i need to either sell or trade for the one i need

The general rule of thumb is

To run obd-0
, use obd-0:
ECU
Distributor
Injectors

To run obd-1, use obd-1
ECU
Distributor
Injectors

etc.

Then you've got to consider whether or not the engine harness your using can be adapted to run newer model parts(obd-2+ on an obd-0 harness, etc).

Also another thing to consider is which type of injector you can or cannot run in your car... whether it be Peak 'n Hold, or Saturated injectors.

... Just some things to freshen your memory.
-Andrew

if we're talking stock replacment parts I thought all honda injectors were saturated.. i'm no expert i could be wrong

Let me correct all this:
To run obd-0
, use obd-0:
ECU
Distributor
To run OBD1 or OBD2, use obd1 or obd2
ECU
Distributor

etc.

Then you've got to modify the engine harness that came from your car to match the new engine. You NEVER use the harness that came from the new engine.

As for the Injectors, you can run whatever type you choose on ANY chassis. The difference is the voltage. OBD0 Injectors (peak and hold) require 5.5v+ and to achieve this, use a Injector resistor box.
OBD1 and OBD2 saturated injectors require 12v+ and use a 8-pin capped connector. No resistance (12v to 5.5v) required means no resistor box.
This is what the 8-pin plug, which will come on the GSR harness, will look like.

Fixed, thanks for trying andrew. ~ Peter @rywire

whoopsy. good job mr. rywire.

Last edited:
ok well my dizzy is obd1 , so im still looking for the stock harness for my car i didnt have one when i got it and i looked the vin up its a damn dx so i need that and a p72 ecu the one i have is p72 obd2 so its up for sale or trade if anyone needs it

Back