B18C1 in EJ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FyReo3

Has anyone here done this swap?

If so, do you have any advice, suggestions, or links I could use?

I have scoured with the search button, but found nothing in particluar relating to my car, mainly hatches. Every site I find does not apply to my car.

direct drop in with GSR mounts, use the p72 ecu if you can if not then run a p28 with a GSR map on it, great motor to start with.

JD...

I noticed your post on the mounts, couple of questions...

Which mounts will I be able to use from the GSR, and which one will I need to buy.
My guess is that I will need to buy a different rear mount and a/c (which I do not think I will be using).

It has a P72, but I also have a chipped P-28 that I am running in my D16. Which do you suggest using?
I was planning on using the OBDI P28, so that can make my own maps. The P72 will be OBDII. Will I still need to do some extra wiring, since the motor is OBDII?

hey, im putting a c1 in my 94 dx too. what about the secondary butterflies, how do i make thoes work on a p28 ????

btw sorry to steal the thread.

the ecu must read it thus you must either have a GSR odb1 ecu for your motor or a p28 with a GSR map on it.

Mounts you can use the GSR mounts, AC bracket the DelSolVtec unit.

p72 is odb1, I would consider leaving your car odb1, the gains are a tad more with it and you don't run a second 02 sensor.

you could sell your P72 for a good amount considering they are sought after.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with pistons, rods, and sleeves?

Back