b18c1 into 00 ex ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Put wheels on the car and lower car down. I would lay each front tire on a 4X4 (or 2X4) to give you room underneath. With the weight of the car....the lower ball joint will not spin and you can lossen the castle nut off. I've had to do that before. Just got to get your hands in there. Not much fun.

When checking CEL's...Are the flashes consistent or are some longer flashes than others?

yes its definitely the relay I looked up what that black box was behind my glove box.. which was what was clicking and it turned out to be the relay.. the same one u hear click when u first turn key and it engages the fuel pump......still hasnt started.. but I did get ball joints both loose.. and bought two boots for them and will fix tomorrow..still clueless as to why it wont start..but after starting it this time..or trying to rather..I reused the line off the civic from fuel filter to fuel rail.. but I had to modify it a bit... but it fits... maybe I should just buy an integra one...maybe this is the whole reason? thoughts?

a fuel line wouldn't cause it to click... if it connects, it connects. but make sure it's not tight (remember, the engine will move under load and you don't want it to break/stretch a fuel line.... asking for a fire)

How many and where are your grounds?

How'd you check for spark?

Your fuel line should be fine....no issues. What did you need to modify?

ground on motor (valve cover) to radiator rail... ground from tranny to frame rail....ground from IAB to manifold.... and thats it... the fuel Line had this weird bracket on the fuel filter end that i had to bend back to make it fit.... and I checked for spark by pulling one spark plug... getting it close to radiator support... telling my helper to start it.,.. it emmitted strong blue/white spark. from plug to radiator support...

also, the fuel line isnt too tight.. theres actually a bit of droop in it...but if you say it works... im sure it works... i was just told to get a integra one.. but i modified the civic one too work!

yes.. over and over and over.. and they dont stop.. even after a 30min lunch...stayed on if u dont jump cel....keeps blinking if you do.

do you have another ecu you could try? are you sure the ecu worked before you put it in?

yes.. over and over and over.. and they dont stop.. even after a 30min lunch...stayed on if u dont jump cel....keeps blinking if you do.

Just to clarify....the blinks are the same? Long flash = 10 and short flash = 1

Do you have a scanner you could borrow? It's OBD2 so that should be an option.

what im saying is its not a count flash thing.. it flashes one long over and over and over and over... 10 is iat.. but even when i plug that in.. it does the same thing....SO im guessing its trying to tell me something else... atleast it pretty much means ecu isnt fried lol....uhg this is rough

actually., error 0 means bad ecu

i'm not sure how that flashes though, never seen it

Reset ECU. In my OBD1 car....I pull the "back up" fuse for 15+ seconds. I think yours is similar. See where that leads you.

yeah i believe error 0 means when you jump it. it stays on..But I could be wrong ive never seen it either.. and yes it was the ecu that was running my integra right before I pulled it out.. since then its sat in

storage...and to my knowledge hasnt been touched till I grabbed it. and Cafrog, ill look into it... ive never heard of that before but ill definately research and try it... being as desperate as I am... I got the clicking to

mostly stop when i actually mounted the ecu...IM still weary about this fuel line but if it fits and it works is the consensus... I will try to worry less about it lol...I have no other ecu but the 2000 civic ex one.. which

ive been tempted to try but didnt want to hurt anything... but im 90% sure this ecu is good.. as it ran my car before. Again, I appreciate all the help guys.

The reset of the ECU will (hopefully) clear the codes from the sensors you hooked up and we can go from there. I'm kinda grabbing at straws....sorry.

Back