b18c1 into '95 SE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stryker19

Alright I am currently buying a GSR engine for my '95 SE. What exacly will i be needing? I am just going to keep the LS tranny for now because that doesn't come with it, also the ECU doesn't come with it either. Is there anything else that will be needed for this to work? This Is what comes with the purchase....

downpipe
header
engine harness
distributor
intake mani and all sensors
flywheel
clutch disk
pressure plate

Thanks for your help guys

Josh :)

Doh...This Engine is from a '96 gsr btw

you will need a knock sensor (if it didnt come with one.)

Also, you will need misc gaskets and a new power steering bracket (LS bracket wont fit VTEC head).

94+GSR throttle cable. Make sure the GSR engine is OBD-I, and go rent an engine hoist. also, you may have to extend the MAP sensor wires from the firewall to the throttle body (on GSRs). Also, go get a helms manual to look for all the vacuum and coolant lines.

Good luck, and BUY THE GASKETS NOW, or you'll have to wait for them to be shipped from wherever. Its a huge pain in the ass.

EDIT- I see its OBD-II. Youll need to re-use your old LS harness and injectors and dizzy to work with the OBD-I wire harness. Also, you'll need an OBD-I GSR P72 ECU.

Anyone selling all that stuff? I'll buy it off you...hehe

Thanks for your help man i really appriecate it. I am acually going to be helping the shop that is doing the swap. I just need to make sure everything is there so i can get it done. I haven't had my car for 2 months...I sick of driving a mustang.

Josh

Back