1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18c1 into a 2000si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 99siboost, Jan 16, 2005.

1. 99siboost

99siboost Junior Member

just bought a 2000si from insurance auto auction. it was a theft recovery and they stole the motor, tranny, ecu, and the engine harness. i just bought a 95 gsr engine and tranny. i also picked up a 98 civic dx harness cause thats all i could find, but it is a auto and it is obd2a and the car is obd2b. how do i make this work?!!!! :angry: :worthy:

i also know that i can't use the obd2a-b ecu cause of the crank fluk sensor.... thats why i bought a chipped p28 and also cut the plugs for the 95 gsr ecu off can i hard wire the obd1 into the 0bd2a to get r done?? please help!!! :worthy:

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I believe putting a 95 engine into an 00 chassis is illegal. It'd be easier for you to pick up an 00 or 01 b18c1 with the tranny and ecu.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

To answer your question, you can't use an obd2a harness in an obd2b car. Period. You also cannot use an auto harness on a 5spd motor. And I guarantee that you're gonna fuck something up trying to make your own conversion harness.

Go buy a 99-00 Si harness and an obd2b-obd1 jumper. I promise you that you cannot make an obd2a auto harness work in a 99-00 Si.

4. 99siboost

99siboost Junior Member

thats what i needed to know thank you. :ph34r:

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted