B18C1 into a 95 coupe, but with a twist!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thateguhate

first off whats up guys, newb here but im a longtime Civicland member as well as other boards so i know some of you..

but to the question @ hand. Im doing a GSR swap in my coupe due to a blown z6 motor, what im having trouble with is getting everything together for my AUTO > MANUAL CONVERSION. Yes, I said it... im converting the tranny.

one thing im concerned with is what mount do I need for upper portion of the tranny? I have the Innovative 94-01 integra auto>manual, but I need the upper torque mount I believe. I just dont know where to find it?!?!

and secondly. I screwed up and ordered a GSR exhaust by Tsudo for this swap on an EG body. What would I have to do in order for this exhaust to fit up right in there... ? such as flanges and bends.. Or should I try and work with the company for a 92-95 civic full catback like i should have to begin with?

heres my checklist so far. Let me know if im missing anything, Its my only car! i need it back asap haha

94 USDM GSR Motor
Tranny
OEM Mounts
Shift linkage/ with shorthrow shifter
5spd starter
Axles
DC sport header
Skunk 2 intake manifold
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
Stage2 clutch
Chipped P28 ECU
Harness done by rywire for an eg (vtec, oilpressure etc..) ready to clip right up :worthy:
94-01 Integra auto-manual tranny mount by innovative motorsports
92-95 civic 5spd pedal set w/ clutch sensor and plugs
92-95 civic Master Clutch Cylinder/ with Reservoir and Hydraulic cable
Sheetmetal
OEM Type R shift boot/ knob

also if theres any articles or manuals i should buy recommend them to me. I want to know what to expect before actually experiencing every bump in the road. Thanks in advance.

Its not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. Ive done an auto-man conversion on my civic with a b18c1 swap and ive done the conversion on several of my friends' civic's. If you have any questions just pm me and ill help you out. Dont forget to short keylock wires in the harness that connects to your auto shifter, otherwise you wont be able to take your key out. The reverse wires will connect to that harness too. Really easy. Other than that, use sheet metal with self tapping screws and some silicone to patch up the big hole your gonna have in your floor. the mount that is on the top of the tranny will have to be an inch or so longer because the bracket that is welded onto the frame for automatic civics is higher. Have fun, dont rush it or youll f*ck something up, trust me i have, and please, please please remember to properly jack up your car, my buddy had his civic fall on his arm and shoulder because he didnt lift and support the car properly when he was underneath it. peace

oh shit.. ouch Yeah I'll remember to jack the car right.. Thanks for clarifying all that becase i was concerned with the reverse lights myself. Theres a digram on rywire.com for the key/ and reverse lights too. Plus i just picked up the Helms manual, and I also picked up the Honda Factory manual. Both in CD pdf. formats so I make it almost impossible to fuck up.

If you can think of anything else lemme know, I wanna take it all in before I begin.

gsr into 93 civic coupe ex

Its not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. Ive done an auto-man conversion on my civic with a b18c1 swap and ive done the conversion on several of my friends' civic's. If you have any questions just pm me and ill help you out. Dont forget to short keylock wires in the harness that connects to your auto shifter, otherwise you wont be able to take your key out. The reverse wires will connect to that harness too. Really easy. Other than that, use sheet metal with self tapping screws and some silicone to patch up the big hole your gonna have in your floor. the mount that is on the top of the tranny will have to be an inch or so longer because the bracket that is welded onto the frame for automatic civics is higher. Have fun, dont rush it or youll f*ck something up, trust me i have, and please, please please remember to properly jack up your car, my buddy had his civic fall on his arm and shoulder because he didnt lift and support the car properly when he was underneath it. peace
hey slammed, well since you know about gsr swaps i am going to swap my d16z6 to a b18c1 . but the person i bought it from says it is a 2000 obd 1. i dont even know if that is possible. but i just wanted to know some steps in waht i needed to swap this into my 93 civic ex coupe. 5spd??

Back