b18c1 into civic dx coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just bought a 1998 civic dx coupe about a week ago and i happen to have a b18c1 sitting in my garage with a racing type R trans that my buddy gave me out of his old del sol. well i wanna know what its gonna take to put the engine into my civic. my buddy(i dont think he knows what hes talking about) says the i need to change over the whole chassis harness. i was wondering if the wiring is just like the ex where to drop a b series in, you use the 99-00 Si harness and just wire in vtec from the ecu. is it really that easy??? not to mention i have to get obd2 throttle body, injectors, distributor, ect...

What year is the engine? It's usually easier to just modify the existing harness then to try and replace the entire thing. If the engine was from a 96-98 GS-R, that would be the best case scenario...

well its quite complicated. its obd1 out of my buddys old del sol. but im gonna bring it back up to obd2. originally its out of a 98 gsr. whats gotta be done?

Do you have inspections that you need to pass? If they don't do any type of electronics inspection where you are, then I'd just get a conversion harness for your chassis and keep it OBD1. It will be much easier to tune that way if you decide to build on it or go turbo in the future...

i live in michigan. and i dont ever plan on putting a turbo on it. and i already have a p28 ecu from my old del sol so its just a matter of getting everything together for the swap.

You realize that the P28 is an OBD1 ECU, right? IF you're hoping to run the engine as OBD2 then that's not going to work for you...

i know its an obd1 ecu. im completely aware of that. the car itself is an obd2. so i would have to use a conversion harness to an obd1. and if i do that i already have the ecu. if i wanted obd2, i would go with p72 or anything compatible like that. my main concern is getting all my parts together though. i have a long while before anything like this happens.

where in Michigan are you man? I'm also swapping a GSR into my 96 civic. except I'm running into a lot more issues. it seems like I don't have the right fuel line, can't get the bolts to fit on the rear tranny bracket... I'm going obd1 though.

the macomb area. i gotta build my gsr up. i bored it .50 over and im goin with high compression pistons. i also got a type R jasper racing transmission. its gonna be nice when i get it goin. where are you from?

Back